So I was shopping at the dollar general on Wilson rd near Wible rd. I was near the refrigerators by the milk and there was an associate changing signs for tomarrows ad. Being that I am an experienced retail associate myself I asked "since the signs are up don't you have to honor that price?" Simple question right? Not even cause I wanted it but because I was curious. The lady rudely responded "no" and started walking away. So I just kind of said "oh" and as I was walking away, there was a man walking towards the refrigerators where I was standing and asked "do they have milk here" as he ran by me, he grabbed the milk and headed towards the registers. About a min. later I'm walking down the next aisle and the worker that was changing the prices earlier, aggressively approaches me and says "your friend that you were talking to about the milk with, just ran out with merchandise." I was confused for a min. and I even asked her if she was kidding. She was dead serious though. At this point I'm feeling humiliated first of all, and I told her over and over again I did not know that man. I told her that he asked me if they had milk. Then she says to me "I heard him ask you if you had milk at home." Wow I could not believe this girl. To be that convinced, and to come at me like that was just so embarrassing and It made me feel really bad. I told her that my husband was in the car outside I even told her what kind of of car he was in and why he would be waiting for me if I was with the man that ran off. I have never been treated this way or seen anyone treat a customer the way she treated me. So then she even tells me that I had to leave. I am truly in shock at this point. I know I did nothing wrong at all. I mean I do understand why she would be concerned and I get that it continuously happens at this location but when I'm sitting there explains to you that I do not know this man you gotta back off and here me out for a min.
Then I ask her if she was the manager or if there was someone that I can speak to and she said that she was the night manager. Then I asked her name and she refused to give me her name. So eventually tells me just to pay for my stuff and leave. But this tells me okay maybe she got that she may have been wrong because if she still thought I was lying she would have made me leave as she stated before. With that being said all she had to do was apologize and start acting like a manager. So I walk to the register and ask the girl what her name was and she wouldn't tell me neither and I get that, so then I asked for corporates number and she said that it was on my receipt. I walked out still shocken up, and I tell my husband what happened and he checked the reciept for the number and it was not even there. So yes I did go back inside and basically said I was not going to leave until I had the number. The cashier was actually the one helping me with that, keep in mind there is still customers that were waiting to pay. Meanwhile the manager was nowhere in sight. At one point the manager actually tells the cashier that she was going to the restroom. I always thought that the manger on duty was in charge of the store and making the right decisions and basically taking control of situations. Resolving any issues that accure during their shift.
Like I stated before I have worked retail for more than 10 years I would never treat anyone the way I was treated tonight.
I hope my experience gets to the right people and something actually gets done about it. No one should ever be accused of such nonsense and harassed the way I was tonight. It's truly insulating. To top it off she had the audacity to call the police on me! I'm gonna go ahead and name this women "THE WORST MANAGER EVER" I would not want this type of person representing my store it's an embarrassment.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I was wrongfully accused
- I was insulted and humiliated
- Reason of review:
- Wrongfully accused by night manager
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Dollar General Corporation Staff
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "Terrible place to purchase from. We bought a 60 inch plasma television ($1350) and on the receipt that we sign when we paid with our credit card they have a..."
- "10/29/14 i went to tunwater Wal-Mart looking for nivea lip product to use a coupon. When I got home I saw on Facebook Tumwater had the nivea lip product was..."
- "I had my taxes prepared with Marcos Romo at H & R Block on Niles in Bakersfield, CA. Afterwards, he started giving my personal information to a friend of mine..."
- "I was so disappointed this week when I ordered a "Simply Delicious Fruit and Gourmet" basket as a gift. What the recipient received was an old wooden drawer (not..."
- "I ordered three bouquets of flowers for Mother's Day 2014. FromYouFlowers lets the customer select sizes and gives the option to upgrade to a bigger, nicer arrangement, but these..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."