So I was shopping at the dollar general on Wilson rd near Wible rd. I was near the refrigerators by the milk and there was an associate changing signs for tomarrows ad. Being that I am an experienced retail associate myself I asked "since the signs are up don't you have to honor that price?" Simple question right? Not even cause I wanted it but because I was curious. The lady rudely responded "no" and started walking away. So I just kind of said "oh" and as I was walking away, there was a man walking towards the refrigerators where I was standing and asked "do they have milk here" as he ran by me, he grabbed the milk and headed towards the registers. About a min. later I'm walking down the next aisle and the worker that was changing the prices earlier, aggressively approaches me and says "your friend that you were talking to about the milk with, just ran out with merchandise." I was confused for a min. and I even asked her if she was kidding. She was dead serious though. At this point I'm feeling humiliated first of all, and I told her over and over again I did not know that man. I told her that he asked me if they had milk. Then she says to me "I heard him ask you if you had milk at home." Wow I could not believe this girl. To be that convinced, and to come at me like that was just so embarrassing and It made me feel really bad. I told her that my husband was in the car outside I even told her what kind of of car he was in and why he would be waiting for me if I was with the man that ran off. I have never been treated this way or seen anyone treat a customer the way she treated me. So then she even tells me that I had to leave. I am truly in shock at this point. I know I did nothing wrong at all. I mean I do understand why she would be concerned and I get that it continuously happens at this location but when I'm sitting there explains to you that I do not know this man you gotta back off and here me out for a min.
Then I ask her if she was the manager or if there was someone that I can speak to and she said that she was the night manager. Then I asked her name and she refused to give me her name. So eventually tells me just to pay for my stuff and leave. But this tells me okay maybe she got that she may have been wrong because if she still thought I was lying she would have made me leave as she stated before. With that being said all she had to do was apologize and start acting like a manager. So I walk to the register and ask the girl what her name was and she wouldn't tell me neither and I get that, so then I asked for corporates number and she said that it was on my receipt. I walked out still shocken up, and I tell my husband what happened and he checked the reciept for the number and it was not even there. So yes I did go back inside and basically said I was not going to leave until I had the number. The cashier was actually the one helping me with that, keep in mind there is still customers that were waiting to pay. Meanwhile the manager was nowhere in sight. At one point the manager actually tells the cashier that she was going to the restroom. I always thought that the manger on duty was in charge of the store and making the right decisions and basically taking control of situations. Resolving any issues that accure during their shift.
Like I stated before I have worked retail for more than 10 years I would never treat anyone the way I was treated tonight.
I hope my experience gets to the right people and something actually gets done about it. No one should ever be accused of such nonsense and harassed the way I was tonight. It's truly insulating. To top it off she had the audacity to call the police on me! I'm gonna go ahead and name this women "THE WORST MANAGER EVER" I would not want this type of person representing my store it's an embarrassment.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I was wrongfully accused
- I was insulted and humiliated
- Reason of review:
- Wrongfully accused by night manager
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Dollar General Corporation Staff
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me. The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful. I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide..."
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- " I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost..."
- "I was so disappointed this week when I ordered a "Simply Delicious Fruit and Gourmet" basket as a gift. What the recipient received was an old wooden drawer (not..."
- "I placed an order online for next-day delivery. I spent $68 on the "upgraded" arrangement. The flowers wer NOT delivered - ever. I tried to reach customer service via email..."
- "This solar company called me to install solar panels on my house about 9 months ago. Although, the person I was dealing with was nice person, can't say much positive..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."