There was a box in the back that said clearance. No price on the box,no price on the items. I asked how much. It was suntan lotion. She (manager I think) scanned it at $5. and said that was the price. I said it couldn't be,what was it originally.

She said clearance means that it is the last of them not that its discounted. ???? That is called seasonally discontinued. She said she would put it back if I didn"t want it in a sufficiently snotty tone implying I was ***.

That was when I checked out and the clerk found it his place to intercede and tell me how sorry he was (mockingly) that I was having a bad day. I explained I wasn't but felt scammed. Things should be priced,if not individually on the box. Clearance denotes a reduction in price I looked it up when I got home to make sure I wasn't misinformed, (i'm not). BUT,even if I was wrong,I wasn't rude.And I didn't try and embarrass them in front of other customers. Just as a side note-I also noticed in another clearance area things were marked up.

There sure are a lot of complaints for 1 company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Employees customer relations.

Comments

According to my dictionary, clearance means the clear space between a moving object and that which it is passing.

Orange, California, United States #915477

Perhaps she was implying that you were stup!D because despite the fact that she told you what they meant by clearance it was not what you expected. Maybe taking mommy or daddy shopping with you will make you behave yourself.

At least have the guts to tell the whole story, they would not be rude and sarcastic to you if you behaved yourself.

GROW UP. You don't want to be mistreated stop acting like as spoiled brat.