Seneca, Kansas

new employee jody at dollar gen. in sabetha ks.

was lazy and unhelpfull.

she would not even help to find what i was looking for or if they had it. way would a store hire a person like that.with the way things are today you think a store would care who they hired.hire a young kid that wants a job instead a lazy useless person.just because they think they look good or think they are somethin does not mean they can not care for a custmore.the store needs to make a change in my way of thinking.

Comments

My husband and I stopped by Dollar General Saturday night to pick up a drink. As soon as we walked inside the mananger shocked us by running up to us yelling we are closing you need to get what you came to get and hurry cause we are closing!!!

my husband said well what time do you close the door has 10:00pm. She disrespectfully said we are closing at 9:30 ( it was 9:25) and our cooperate office knows we are closing. I was highly upset at this point because of her out right nasty attitude. I said you did not have to speak to us in that manner she cut me off by saying I was just getting ready to lock the door before yall came in.

I said thats no reason for your attitude to be so nasty . She said mama we have just been robbed so thats why we are closing. I said I don't care!!! You don't come at people like that you are very rude.

She said and so are you mama then she walked to the back of the store. (OMG who acts like that) We got our drink. I asked the cashier for her name she told me Miss Sally or something like that. The mananger came back to unlock the door looking as if she didn't have a care in the world.

My husband & I had no words we couldn't beleive how us going in the buy a drink turned.

Question If they were robbed wouldn't the police had been there to close the store down for the night? No police were there. Her attitude was so nasty I had no sympothy even if they were robbed. She was ugly....

It burns me up people being mean to innocent people and being ok with it....thats the mind of a theif taking from innocent and having no caring cares for the actions they take. All we did was walk in the store to get a drink....to have to encountier such behavior was uncalled for. I will Never go back to that store again. 2 people knocked on the door a 3 drove off seeing they weren't getting inside.

Thats business being lost because, they were ready to go home. I'm still upset because I was caught off guard with foolishness.

How is it that customers don't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that sub-standard pay=sub-standard performance/service? I suppose that angry customers that write things like this have never had to deal with the general public a day in their lives.

Suggestion.

Maybe instead of feeling that they are somehow being personally insulted, they should petition that these fat cat large corporations start paying more to their employees and stop working them like slaves that live in abject poverty like in the third world. Possibly then, and most likely then, can customers expect the "dignity" they think they so desperately deserve.

Tank

I agree with ds22. I have seen customers ask where something is before they even get past the registers to look for the item themselves.

It's time for consumers to take responsibility and quit acting like spoiled brats. Keep in mind where you are shopping. You are shopping in a dollar store - not a high end department store! Many times employees cannot leave the front area to bring a customer directly to an item.

There are well known scams where one person will lead the cashier away from the front register while another person runs out the front door with a full cart of merchandise. Think about that the next time a cashier tells you that they cannot leave their register to help you but instead gives you a general idea of where the item may be.

Allgood, Alabama, United States #263256

Oh come on. You can't be that helpless.

Is this your first time in a store? Everything is very well organized in categories and easily located. Chances are if you can't find it, they probably don't have it.

Leave the employees alone and take responsibility for your own ignorance. You try something that *** in my store and you won't be permitted in anymore.