Was at Dollar General in Zachary, La on Hwy 64. This girl was there behind the counter when we walked in.

We shopped for about 10 or 12 min and headed for the front to check out. She was no where to be found and we were the only ones there. A man walked in and went to get a bag of dog food and got in line behind us. We made noises trying to get someone's attention, maybe another employee, but nothing.

A couple minutes later we see the employee outside coming in with a bag of food and a drink with ice. She had left the store to either go to Chillis or Waffle House to get her some food, which are both at the front of the parking lot near the road!! I was shocked!! We could have robbed the store blind if we were not honest people!!

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing....and no other employee around!! This is actually the second time this has happened to me in this store, the first being the girl in the back warehouse and not coming up front for a good while!

I didn't like: Unprofessionalism.

Comments

I work at a dollar general.there are 2 people working at all times.we r not allowed to stand at register when there isnt customers, we are to stock shelves.so when there isnt someone up there I have a bell you can ring so I no someone needs me.maybe you should mention this to your store.so they can be up there when you need them.