Clinton, Missouri
2.6
Layout of Store

I was hired at DG in Clinton, MO at the Ohio St. location.

I walked out my first day within the first hour, due to the way I was treated after letting the manager on duty know my new school schedule that consisted of 3 hours a week to work around. This woman was blatantly angry at me, made me feel guilty, wouldn't let me communicate with her to work something out. I knew that something could be done, surely, but regardless I was interrupted and told that she couldn't promise to pay attention to my school schedule when scheduling. I felt I couldn't communicate with this person nor did I want to be there anymore, to be frank.

Otherwise I wouldn't have left and tried to contact the DM for help. The DM called me back finally just to tell me there wasn't anything she could do because I had left. I wouldn't suggest this business for customers or employees! Such a simple thing to work around and yet I have to be treated with such disrespect when I'm just trying to finish school?

This company doesn't appreciate it's employees if they let one person without the authorization treat newcomers abusively to the point of willful resignation. Bottom line.

This person wrote the review because of "i was forced to leave due to abusive treatment at the workplace" at Dollar General Corporation. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3000 and wants Dollar General Corporation to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar General Corporation and dollar general corporation manager for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Here's my question: did you mention a school schedule when you were hired, or did you show up the first day and spring it on them? If you were hired with open availability to cover all shifts, and then out of the blue start saying that you're not available at certain times, I can understand the manager being upset.

I've had new hires try to do this at my business before, so I thank them for coming in and send them home. There is nothing more irritating than someone saying they are available when I need them "just to get in the door" and then changing it after the fact.