How do you demote a GOOD employee? That is just wrong. I do believe discrimination is involved and I will not patronize any business that condones such things. Its a store located in Terre Haute, Indiana at Meadows shopping center. I do not know Managers name but I do believe this situation should be investigated. The employee is a college student who is very well mannered and very polite to any and every customer that comes to this store. One day I was told that this employee got demoted because of one (1) customer complaint. I said you have to be kidding me. I found the employee and from him I was told the Manager told him he was being demoted do to that situation. I am so floored. I was so ready to go there and say something to the manager. But was advised not to from the employee, who would like to keep his job. This is sad I do not like this what so ever. Anywhere I spend money and I find some employee has been done wrong or I have been done wrong I no longer go and spend my hard earned money in any place as that. So I hope someone will take a look at what is going on in the stores when it comes to employees and customers on how they are being treated. Thank you for your time.

Concerned Customer

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Comments

Conneautville, Pennsylvania, United States #906553

*** all you haters lol alot of people like going to the stores bc of the employees and how nice they are Lemme ask you asshats something now lets be real HOW the *** would you like if you walked into a store and the employees were asshats or completely retarded and didnt know where anything was or knew how to do ***? clearly some customers care about employees and some even stop going to stores if their favorited person who worked there no longer does or did something corrupt to them

*** dipshits keep your retard comments to yourself if you have no meaning nor awareness of what you are saying

Waycross, Georgia, United States #607978

Couldnt have said that better Chumley. I agree with you 100%. I have been a retail mgr for years myself & have seen ALOT of things that isnt what it seems from employees.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #607356

It is none of your business why an employee was demoted. Maybe the employee asked to step down.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #597185

How the store deals with employees is confidential. Usually customers get stories designed to make the company look bad.

One customer complaint can get you terminated.

That is how corporate works.

I worked too many years in retail. Some of my best associates chose to steal, sometimes things are not as they seem.

This issue sound's more like within the store,Than outside the store.Sound's Personal.

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States #592973

No matter if you spend you money at a store, it isn't any of your business why this happened. It is best to keep your nose out this matter.

You shouldn't be told the details of what happened.

Just because this person was nice to you, doesn't mean that he treated everybody that way.