To Dollar General,

I was a regular customer of Dollar General until 2 days ago and I will not be a returning customer after the way I was treated by your employees. Wednesday June 10, 2015 at approximately 7:30 pm I had visited this store to pick up a couple of things.

All was well until I got to the check out line. It was quite lengthy for one with only one lane open. Once the line was down to 4 people ahead of me a couple was attempting to pay with a check and their check was declined. After the couple had left, the cashier left the register to gain assistance from her manager.

Upon returning, she did not return to her register to finish checking people out, but proceeded to go through the contents of the cart looking for refrigerated items before returning to the checkout counter. Her manager then came and voided the items. The customer behind me who obviously knew the manager asked her to open the other register so she got out of line and was the next to be waited on after the manager discretely motioned this lady over. At this point I was already aggravated that I had had to wait so long in this line.

When the cashier got to the lady in front of me there was another problem. This customer was a middle aged woman who looked to be in her 50's. She had waited just as long as I had. She was trying to buy a pack of cigarettes however the license had expired when the lady had carded her and the cashier would not sell her the cigarettes.

I thought I would try to solve this buy purchasing them for her as I smoked the same brand and I told the lady that i would just go ahead and buy an extra pack for her. In all honesty, I would not have done this if the lady even closely resembled a minor. So the lady walked out and was waiting for me. The cashier then told me she would not sell me cigarettes either regardless if I had i.d.

or not. and went and asked her manager about it. I was angered at this point and I stated that I found these circumstances absolutely ridiculous. The cashier then got a really bad attitude with me and we exchanged some harsh words back and fourth, I put my things down asked to speak with higher management and she pointed to the other lady who looked over, smirked, and shrugged her shoulders like didn't know what to do.

I just think the entire situation was handled very poorly and I left feeling very angry and upset.

So I am sorry to say I will not be returning to your stores. I regret spending as much money as I have at your stores if this is the way customers are treated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Honey, in all honesty, when you opened your mouth and volunteered to buy cigarettes for somebody whose ID was expired, you were saying that you were willing to break the law. Then you exacerbate the problem when you proceeded to argue with the cashier.

Here you are on a general complaint site whining about how unfairly you think you were treated, when in all honesty you were the one that started it. You should have kept your big mouth shut, instead of offering to help the woman in front of you break the law.

Oh, and by the way! this isn't the web site for Dollar General, you are on a general complaint site.