Very dissapppointed with the way a n assistant manager at this store, Eduardo Castro treated me today Saturday 05/25/2013 between 6:30 and 7:00 PM
1) I came in to complain that 2 weeks ago the store sold me a bottle of ONE DAILY vitamin supplements that had long expired on 07/2011.
2) When I asked him why the store sold expired stuff, he said he was not the one who sold them to me and that he wasn't there.
3) i told him that was a lame excuse which I did not deserve as a customer.
4) he insisted on a receipt to which I told him I did not have. He said in that case he could not help me.
5) i insisted that something should be done and he said I should call 888-237-4114 for help.
6) At this point he seemed very annoyed and was disrespectfully abrupt when I spoke to him.
7) i called the number and spoke to Anna in customer services. I told her of my dilemma and she confirmed the bottle was purchased from the store and that i could be reimbursed or could switch for a fresh bottle.
8) initially I was quite satisfied with the result and the way Anna had handled it.
9) I exchanged my bottle for a new one. He snatched the old one from my hand with his faced turned away.
10) before I left the store I asked him if he could give me a receipt or some confirmation of our new transaction.
11) he told me that because I didnt have a receipt why should he give me one I said it was only proper but he blatantly refused.
12) i requested for my bottle back because now I felt I was being disrespected and wanted to report this attitude.
13) He told me, lied to me that he had destroyed my original bottle and would now retreive it.
14) I insisted and now tempers were flarring and voices rising.
15) i called customer services again and spoke to Rosie. I told here about Eduardo's attitude and my displeasure. He came up to me a put his face barely 6 inches away manacingly trying to intimidate me.
16) i told Rosie my issue and he then threatened to call his District Manager.
17) i requested from Rosie to get my bottle back.
18) she asked for him on my phone and instrcted her to return he bottle.
19) he reached down in a cupboard or was it a trash can and retreived the bottle he had purpotadly destroyed.
20) i took my bottle and we wished each other good night and I left.
I was wronged firstly by being sold expired stuff, which in itself is not a small issue, but to have that compounded by rudeness uncouth behaviour certainly is not acceptable to e and I am sure to any of your customers.
Waiting to hear from you.
Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.
Monetary Loss: $6.