Featured Not resolved
1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

So sick and tired of going in almost every dollar general store that is open for business and you can't shop with all the boxes in all the isles.Hire night time crew to stock your stuff so ppl can shop.

This is a everyday thing at almost every one of these stores. The carts are piled with boxes higher than the shelves and you can't get to anything behind it because they are to dang heavy to move to get to what you need. Clean this problem up in Sulphur and Lake Charles Louisiana because you loosing ppl. Instead of leaving the boxes all over the isles put it on the shelves to sell its plain and simple.

This has become a problem every where and all those carts piled is a law suit waiting to happen. Now you tell me if this is not pothic. It's time for some one to get all this *** cleaned up so ppl can shop. You would have almost sales if it was a easy place to shop.

If you can't unload boxes than leave them in the *** back.

This is a everyday thing we are faced with.Do something about this because your losing business corporate

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Tauntbeck1117 stated that there is a room for improvement of store appearance. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "so much shit in isles you can't even shop!" of dollar general corporation sanitary conditions. Dollar General Corporation needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation sanitary conditions in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Had an Experience with Dollar General Corporation?

Comments

OceanFall
#1382079

So im going to be an adult and explain this a little.The big carts on the isles are called rotainers?

Not sure i spelt that correct but im sure any grammar police will. There needs to be only two those outs one for the boxes and the other for the actual stock. It makes me sick seeing this. I don't know how anyone could shop threw that mess.

Also there is no such thing as hiring more night crew.Dollar General doesn't want to pay their employees for that

Overnight stocking would be a great suggestion to our corp office which has and will not see these comments.This page is done by an individual as stated in her blog.

Currently we come in 2-3 hours early to stock.

And stocking continues throughout the day.There is no labor budget for overnight stocking and usually no extra labor to have extra people there to stock.

Please visit www.dollargeneral.com and under contact page you will find contact info.

to Anonymous #1348676

Right!My store had us clock out and then stock until 11:30 at night or else we would lose our jobs!

I was a student struggling to pay for graduation and get things for my cousins whose parents refuse to work, and my coworkers were college students living in Section 8 with small kids!We got no warning about time we had to stay and the one girl's husband did not have access to a phone so he and a child and infant would have to wait in the car for over an hour some nights!

to Anonymous #1365171

Keep doing it then call the labor board on their cheap *** when you quit, because it is illegal for an hourly employee to do any work off the clock.Screw them over like they are screwing you right now.

Just make sure you are done with them when you report them.

Then you can sue for retaliation and get more money.I believe you that they make you do that - just keep careful track of your unpaid hours.

to Anonymous #1370528

***, DG never had me come in 2-3 hours early to stock.

mongja9
Anderson, Indiana, United States #1260669

If I were you I would send these photos to DG corporate.I am a store employee and this thing drives me nuts also.

it is not because we want our stores looking like this, it is because corporate does not give enough hours to get our jobs done. They require an unrealistic amount of work in an unrealistic time frame, and in result, stores look like this. I wish more customers would realize that in most stores case, it is not bc we are lazy and don't care, it is bc we do not have enough people working per shift to keep the store looking nice. I wish DG would stop screwing over their store level employees and actually allow us to schedule at least 3 people per shift.

They give us the ABSOLUT minimum amount of wage each week based on how much you are getting from the truck, but they always fail to account for store upkeep, customer service, time spent helping cashier keep lines down, and nightly duties like recovery, sweeping, mopping, etc.DG needs to see by doing this, they are ultimately displeasing customers, which is ironic bc they stress "Customer first." and "the customer is always right." lol then give us the *** hours to make sure customers do have a pleasant, clean, and timely experience =(

Fairfield, California, United States #1260642

Maybe you should shop at Two Dollar Store.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1255976

The solution is simple.Stop shopping there if you don't like it.

This is a DOLLAR store. It's sole purpose is to offer cheap wares.

Paying for a night crew isn't going to help keep prices cheap.This isn't a high end department store.

Spring, Texas, United States #1255059

Hey numbnuts, dg doesn't give enough hrs to afford a so called night crew, so stocking has to be done during store hours, don't like it? So what, who cares what u like. If u think u can do a better job then go work for dg, if not then keep your *** mouth shut.

Tauntbeck1117
to Anonymous Sulphur, Louisiana, United States #1255184

keeping your mouth shut would be even better you nut case.