3.3
Layout of Store

This is the second time that I've gone into the Dollar General and had to ask the cashier to please tone down her attitude. I am one of those people who hates confrontation but today I'd had enough attitude from the cashier who was ringing up my merchandise.

I went ahead and ran my credit card before she was done and did everything I was supposed to do on my end. She hit total and looked at me with a come-on look on her face and she said, "It says waiting on customer", I replied back that it didn't say anything on my end, I had already done everything. She proceeds to start getting an attitude with me and just mouthing about how she is only helping out at this store, she's the manager at the one down the highway and she doesn't control the "raggedy *** machines" and just keeps giving me attitude. Finally after listening to her for a couple of minutes and feeling completely berated, I said "I don't mind running my credit card again, but I don't feel like I deserve your attitude." This really incensed her and she started to get even more upset and told me that even though I was giving HER attitude, she was going to give me her best customer service.

She then said that all she was doing was asking me to rerun my card and that I was giving her attitude. I told her that no, she never asked me to rerun my card and I had absolutely no problem rerunning my card, but I didn't need the attitude. She was absolutely furious by the time I ended up leaving the store. I feel like this was beyond ridiculous and I don't work hard to spend my money at stores where employees talk to customers like this.

I have worked in retail and understand that there are times when you're having a bad day or something like that, but this was completely out of line.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Management, Cashier, Attitude from staff.

Comments

maryjane15301

The store manager does not hire as they are sent who will work there. Since no one stays, you have whats left.