ran up to your dollars store to purchase cigarettes leaving my wallet at home cashier says she cannot sell me cig without id im 60 years old why would i need id to buy cig all other stores never ask for id why is the friendship store different what im saying is i buy alot from that store if this policy is not changed i will go to other means of buying products that i need..very upset with this/other people have said that is a problem in friendship that they have done the same as i and they will not go back to that store again.we feel that it is cashiers are looking into our personal information that they have to right to see.

Comments

Big Rapids, Michigan, United States #1352664

Walmart will gladly take your food stamps, go there, you wont be missed

iGotJams
Anderson, Indiana, United States #1260690

I can't even explain how many times I get cussed out by customers over this. IT IS DOLLAR GENERALS POLICY. If you don't like it, don't shop there.

Clarkson, Kentucky, United States #1245827

DG requires I.D. for cigarettes and alcohol so that the cashiers don't have to guess at the persons age.

Many people who are in their 20's look too young to purchase these products but DG doesn't want their employees guessing even though some people are obviously over the age limit. Also, tobacco and beer and wine licenses can be lost if employees were to guess wrong at someone's age.

Ralphus
Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1245527

Oh look... another self entitled old person.

How do you forget your wallet? Probably drove without a license too.

Just show your *** ID. My god.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #1242704

Dollar general cards every person every time. In my store even the employees show ID.

It is company policy. Would you like to see the cashier get fired because you feel you should not have to show your id?

Houston, Texas, United States #1241702

What is it with the long run on sentence?