Cordova, Alabama

Two years ago I was parked in a Dollar General parking lot when a very strong wind came up and blew a cart into my new car. The rear passenger door sustained a huge dent The problem was that DG did not have a convenient return area for carts and their doors are not automatic.

Customers have to try to hold the doors open and push their carts back into the store or leave them in the parking lot. Employees are supposed to check the parking area for empty carts and return them to the store but in this case they didn't. There were carts all over the lot (which is a narrow space in front of the store). I filed a claim and had an employee examine the damage to my car.

She commented that the yellow paint embedded in my car door was paint from the store's new carts. DG had a very rude employee at their headquarters contact me to say they wouldn't fix my car door because it was probably a customer that pushed the cart into my car. I assured them it was not. I know that I am required to carry liability insurance on my homeowner's policy so that if anyone sustains damage of any kind while on my property insurance will cover it.

I can't believe DG doesn't have insurance for this purpose.

My car door is still dented because I have not had the $400.00 required to get it fixed. It will be a reminder as long as I own the car to never patronize Dollar General.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. patr10 stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and lack of concern and fairness. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dollar general corporation parking and associated monetary loss in the amount of $400. Dollar General Corporation needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation parking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #993243

You better drop this case before you are charged with auto theft, if you mistake being told no as rudeness, there is no way you are close the the legal driving age.

to KevinRichards #998994

You are absolutely special sir. You must have something negtayive to say about everything? Your psychiatrist might be better off to know this.