3.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went into my local hometown dollar general. I shop here like 3 or 4 times a week and its about 4 miles from my house.

So I went into today and had paper coupons and also digital coupons. I know that you cant use paper and digital coupons on same item. I went to check out and after my digital coupons went through I handed her my paper coupons. The cashier acted like I was trying to steal something.

I would never steal. I felt humiliated and was treated awful. Some of my coupons wouldnt work so I just purchased the items anyway since I was being treated like a criminal. I was not understanding why some of my coupons did not work and the cashier callled manager over which actually made me feel more humiliated.

So I had 4 items and 4 coupons and it only took off 2 coupons due to limit 2 per visit but I did not know it matter since Ive always used 4 at one time on 4 items. So the cashier asked me very rudely if I needed to take 2 off which seemed and sounded like she was insinuating I could not purchase the other 2...WHICH I DID PURCHASE. I will never shop in there again and I will drive 10 miles to the next city just so I will be treated better. I was very shocked and disappointed.

Then when I got home and checked my receipt I had paper coupons which did not come off but the cashier did NOT give them back to me.

Needless to say...I was humiliated by dollar general cashier and manager. ADAMSVILLE TN AND I LIVE HERE ALSO

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Coupon.

I didn't like: Employees customer relations, Being treated like a thief.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 07, 2017.

Comments

Statesville, North Carolina, United States #1343549

If the coupons did not come off, they need to be given back to the customer. If the store turns them in for reeimbursement that is fraud.

Clarkson, Kentucky, United States #1339724

Unfortunately, a lot of people are using fraudulent paper coupons and are also using digital coupons on the wrong sized items and get away with it. This amounts to millions in lost revenue in a given year and only creates a situation where prices have to be raised to cover for these losses.

First off,once u hand us paper coupons we are not allowed to hand them back,secondly if coupons don't work for whatever reason we are not allowed to override them.so with that being said why are you getting pissed at the cashier who was just doing their job,what makes u so *** special?