2.6
Layout of Store

I am sorry, but requiring a photo ID for a case of pop, 1/2 gallon of milk, and a plastic water bottle is crazy. No cigarettes, no alcohol and the clerk insisted on a photo ID.

I (63 yrs old) was in the store with my grandson who repeatedly called me grandma. So as I don't carry my dr lic I had to make those behind me in the line wait while I go to the car to get my dr lic.

I am very unhappy with this policy and will not likely shop there in the future unless I hear that this policy has changed. No other stores require a photo ID what makes $ Gen different?

Reason of review: photo ID policy.

Preferred solution: change the policy and don't ask for photo ID unless it's for something that the law requires..

I didn't like: Photo id policy.

Comments

Paying with a card or check you do sometimes need a picture id so that stores can protect against identity theft. This is not something new.

I don't know what you having your grandson with you had to do with anything? Maybe you thought the store clerk would take his word on your identity, or maybe you threw that in for sympathy?

If you are truly 63, you should know that you should always keep your id on you. What if you had an accident in the store and someone needed to identify you?