2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I USE to shop at the Dollar General in Jackson, MS on Briarwood Drive every single day. I am a high school teacher so I bought a lot of things from there for my class as well as for myself.

The store has gone thru manager after manager and the store was always filthy. They got a new manger and for the past couple of yeas the store was clean and stocked. Well, the store was closed for 3 days for a remodel and once it opened back up it was HORIBLE. The shelves are empty, cant get down the aisles, half the product in the wrong place.

I asked to speak to the store manager and they said she quit. And now I see why the store is in the condition its in. I complained to the manager that was there and she tells me "OH WELL", its not our fault. I was blown away.

The district manger doesn't care and neither does the corporate office. The outside of the store is nasty and so is the inside.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

I liked: Some of the prices.

I didn't like: Service, Unprofessionalism, Mold on product.

Comments

You are right. All the Dollar General stores around here, Gurnee, Zion, and Waukegan area, are always filthy.

Many of the employees are so lazy, and stand around gossiping about they're co workers, and managers. Would it kill them to clean out those dirty shopping baskets. Out in front of one store, is a hang out for panhandlers. And don't bother calling the health dept.

They probably receive discount coupons, or some kind of compensation, for not responding.

I wish Dollar Tree would have bought them out. At least, there would be some kind of order, with more intelligent cashiers, willing to work.