2.2

I frequent Dollar General store 14389's and others weekly and have never had a problem until yesterday. I purchased Maxattrax Bait on 10/24/14 with a total of 5 items.

After I got home I realized it was empty. I went back to the store 10/28 to exchange it. The manager was on her cell phone on a personal call while I waited for assistance. She started checking a lady out that her order was over $53.00 while still on her call.

She finally got off her phone and when I explained what had happened she began to act astonished that I nor the sales associated noticed it was empty when I purchased it insinuating that it must have been full when It left the store. It was embarrassing to me the way in which she had an accusing attitude and tone with me in front of 2 other sales associates and other customers. she continued this attitude as she looked over my receipt. She continued this conversation having others feel the box saying that if it was empty others would have noticed it.

She embarrassed me and tried her best to make me look guilty for purchasing a falty product. I told her to keep her product I didn't want it. She then changed her attitude and told me to go back and get another one. I took it home but after rethinking of my embarrassing ordeal I drove back to that store and gave it to one of the sales associates and told him to keep the item and I did not ask for a store credit.

I will continue purchasing products from Dollar General but not at that store. Whether they are the manager or an associate they should never 1. Be ignoring customers while talking on their cell phone.

2.Accuse in a degrading manner a customer in front of employees and customers. Please review you survalance tapes and you will see how accurate my complaint is.

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Preferred solution: The store manager be made aware of that the words she chose in her conversation "someone should have noticed the box was empty. That is applying that either I used the product and tried to return it or the employee wasn't doing their job. .

Comments

Why didn't you take it back right away, instead of waiting for four days? It sounds weird to me.