Finleyville, Pennsylvania
2.1
Layout of Store

Update by user Dec 07, 2014

Well just got my schedule for the wk and I'm down to 8 hrs that's it!! She changed all the codes so I don't have access to the safes to do my job.

I'm a key holder and and refuses to give them too me! She is singling me out, I'm the only person that has lost hrs! I called ERC and it was a waste of time.

I've contacted the DM the RM and HR and no one is helping!! Company is a joke and doesn't give a *** about their employees.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2014

I've been working as a key holder for dollar general for a little over a year since our store opened. We recently got a new manager who is absolutely horrible!

She doesn't work her mandated hours she never works weekends doesn't touch her freight and doesn't work her 2 closing shifts either. I have been busting my butt for a year for this company and a new manager comes in and cuts my hours from 24-26 down to 9!!! She went from telling me how great of a job I did every day and how great the store looked to singling me out and hating me!! She's giving new employees that have only been there 3 months and less 25-38 hours wk and promoting one whose been there 3 months to asst manager which will give our location 3 asst managers but can't give me any hrs!

I have a child and bills to pay and I've given a yr to dollar general and my DM couldn't even do anything when I called to discuss the issue with her.

I called her cause I was only getting 12-15 hrs and it wasn't resolved after speaking to my manager first then after talking to my DM my manager retaliated and gave me 9!! There is many other issues at this location that need immediate attention!!!

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Reason of review: unfair labor practices.

Preferred solution: give me the hrs I deserve and back pay for what I've lost due to management, stop giving excuses. I'm one of 2 original employees since this store opened. .

I liked: Convenient location.

I didn't like: Management.

Comments

Tara1985

I hope you do sue and I hope you find a lawyer to take your case. I tried finding a lawyer for months and no one would take my case.

They appealed my unemployment with multiple lies, I won because they had no proof of anything they were saying.

I luckily am able to use the manager they demoted and who ended up quitting that I worked with for the year I was employed with dg as my reference and he also went to my appeal hearing. They are by far the worst company I've ever worked for!

That happened to me, and what's worse is when I left and tried to find another job, she was telling potential employers lies about me and my work ethics. I reported her to the DM, and to called the whistle blower number after I found out why I wasn't getting any jobs for 6 months. In my case what the manager did was illegal, it's called defamation of character, I could totally sue for that.

Tara1985
Finleyville, Pennsylvania, United States #908436

I just found out today she let the 3 month old cashier that she's promoting to asst manager stay clocked in while she went to take her drug test! I'm so stressed out its unreal!!

This is the worst time of yr for this to be going on too cause its nearly impossible to find a job that's not seasonal!

I've never heard of whistleblower before. Do they just bring to light the issues?

Andalusia, Alabama, United States #908400

Call the Whistleblower Hotline about the unfair practices. I am dealing with some of the same stuff as you and more at my Dollar General