Pickens, South Carolina

On July 10, 2014 I stopped by Dollar General in Pickens, SC at around 4:45 pm. I had just gotten off work and was going to get some batteries and some other items on my way to pick my daughter up from daycare. When I went to check out, the manager was standing beside the cashier. As soon as I swiped my debit card I heard her say "I believe you have a no trespass on you and you aren't supposed to be at this store."

I looked up in surprise. I had no idea she had said that to me until I saw her looking right at me. I said "what are you talking about?"

She said " The other day in the parking lot when the cops came.."

I said " I've never been arrested."

she said "you weren't arrested, they asked you to leave. I guess they didn't give you a trespass notice."

I said " You are mistaken. That wasn't me." Meanwhile there were about 5 other customers in line staring at me. I was so embarrassed. I have never been in trouble in my entire life, never even had a speeding ticket. I emailed the customer complaint about this. I don't know what will come of it. I'm very disgusted with this situation. I don't want coupons or money from Dollar General. I have been a loyal customer for years but now I don't think I will be shopping there again. Even if the lady apologized, this just ruined my experiences with this store. I don't even think I can shop at another one. Just reading all these other complaints about Dollar General makes me sick. I know working customer service jobs gets hard and irritating but you can't treat customers this way. If this lady actually thought I had a trespass warrant on me she should have called the cops as soon as she saw me come in and not made rude comments to me in front of other customers.

Comments

First Born Triplet

Yeah and you need to sue them and take them to court.