I am handicapped I ran into dollar general to pick up a few things. I can't stand long so I always get a buggy to lean on .

Well tonight I got on line and a woman in front of me was putting stuff back which held up the line. When she finally left the man in front of me had some brake fluid that was on recall and they were told to pull it from the shelf do the man went back and got another can of the same thing held up the line longer and he couldn't use his card for some reason finally he paid cash. The woman that had been outside smoking came in to open the register for the woman running it so I asked her if she could open another register the line behind me was getting longer. She said she was on break but she was still standing there when I left.

One man came out and told the person in the car with him that the line was to long so he left. Dollar general does not provide any electric carts for handicapped people so do you think we should just stay home? That woman could have opened another register and took her break when things slowed down. I started to just walk out and leave my stuff in the cart.

Why was that brake fluid still on the shelves if it was supposed to be pulled? I guess from now on I will do my shopping where they care about handicapped people.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Madwoman2016 stated that there is a room for improvement of no electric carts for handicapped people and time in line. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "no electric carts for handicapped people not enoug registers open when the lines are really long. " of dollar general corporation customer care. Dollar General Corporation needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1207783

You handicapped people are the ones that hold up the line because your crippled legs cannot move as fast as everyone else's or because you are to retarded to do simple math and know you have more than you spend in your cart and have to put some things back. So yeah it is better that you slowpokes stay at home and not hold up the line.

Pensacola, Florida, United States #1207782

MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT WANT A ELECTRIC CHAIR ARE JUST FAT A LAZY. FAT IS NOT A HANDICAP.

THE CHAIRS WOULD BE BROKEN ALL OF THE TIME DUE TO THE WEIGHT.

AND OF COURSE BEING LEFT OUTSIDE IN THE WEATHER. GO TO WALMART AND USE THEIRS..GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Pensacola, Florida, United States #1207779

WHEN EMPLOYEES ARE ON BREAK THEY ARE OFF THE CLOCK. THE LAW REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO TAKE A BREAK AFTER SO MANY HOURS OF WORK. THAT WAS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT OF HOLDING UP THE LINE.

to CHERRY Pensacola, Florida, United States #1207781

YOU PROBABLY SHOPPED WALKING AROUND FOR A LONG TIME THEN WERE TOO TIRED TO WAIT IN LINE. YOU KNEW IT WASNT HANDICAPPED FRIENDLY BEFORE YOU WENT IN THERE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE RETAIL PEOPLE HATE PEOPLE.

You complain about having to stand in line a few extra minutes, but you would deny someone their break? Sympathy works both ways.

What does the fact that "she was still standing there when you left" have to do with anything? Her break is her time and if she wants to spend it "standing there" then that is her business. Sometimes things never slow down in retail, so what, puerile who work retail should just never get to take a break?

That sounds a lot like "handicap people should just stay home" mentality to me. Like I said, sympathy works both ways.

Ralphus

I hate this mentality. Here is a clue for you: there never is a good time to take a meal break.

There are 90% of the time only 2 people on duty and guess what? The MOD has to clock out but cannot leave the building. We are " required" to take a 30 minute uninterrupted meal break but that NEVER happens.

I could go on but hopefully you get the gist. As for the recall, well maybe it just got put in the system or maybe since there are only 2 people on duty, there has been no time to pull it because they are kissing the backsides of customers like yourself, while hungry, mind you.

drjonah
to Ralphus #1167409

I work for DG and can definitely agree with those sentiments. When I was an ASM at a high volume store, my 60 minute lunch break would usually last a whopping 10 minutes because I'd either have to do a void, return or get on register because the line was long.

If I had the nerve to say I was on break, the customer would throw a fit.

And yes, chances are the store was never notified of the recall.

Corporate is pretty bad about telling stores. We're just as surprised as the customers sometimes when an item comes back as 'do not sell'

to Ralphus Chatsworth, Georgia, United States #1167428

Dollar general store can well afford carts for handicapped people. As for the people that work at this store I have seen people putting things on the shelves while the one line they have open is wrapping around the store .I don't know your age but this is America go to school join the army get a better paying job.

I don't expect anyone to kiss my backside but I think dollar general makes enough money to afford at least one cart. These people at this store do leave the building they stand outside in front of the store and smoke! There are always smart people like you that work for 6.00 an hr and blame their situation on every body else.

If you continue to work for a store that doesn't pay you enough when you get to be my age you won't draw enough to live on. Then some smart Azzzz person can make fun of your handicapped back side maybe they will kiss it!

to Rebecca #1169087

I love your assumptions about me. I make way more than six dollars an hour and am a veteran of the Marine Corps so your asinine judgements are both sad and hilarious.

I am also a non-smoker, thank you very much. See, here is the thing: I understand people's complaints. I do. Been with the company a lot of years.

Its a catch-22. We have to take lunch breaks, as per company policy, an uninterrupted 30 minute or 1 hour depending on how long you work that day. However, we cannot leave the premises, even though we are not on the clock. If I were to calculate how much time I have worked off the clock all these years, due to cuts in payroll, corporate would owe me in excess of thousands of dollars.

So sure, DG can afford a cart but guess what, with payroll being cut daily and with less and less hours to work with, do you honestly think they will loosen up funds for one? The answer is a laughable no.

So please, dont judge based on what you think you know because you know nothing, about me or how the company works. Im sorry for your situation and would bend over backwards to help you if you were patronizing my store, but by the mentality based on what you wrote, I doubt it would be good enough for you.

So please, yes, shop elsewhere if that is what you feel you need to do to make your "statement" but trust me, the person trying to please you and the 5 or 6 hundred other customers that day will not care, and neither will management or corporate. Good luck to you and have a nice day.

to Ralphus #1169557

You say you have worked countless hours off the clock well you go right ahead and make the owner of the dollar general richer than he already is. You are right the corporate office could care less because they are the ones making all the money.

Your family would probably want you home instead of donating your time to dollar general. I still think when the line is so long it wraps around the store it is time to open another register. When this happens it is bad management. When Walmart comes to town I won't shop at dollar general and maybe y'all can get a break.

I will write a letter to dollar general headquarters and see if they read the comments on this site maybe they will see just what their employees think about them. I can tell from the comments the employees don't care about the handicapped customers.

However At this store one employee does go out of her way to help handicapped people. At least one electric cart in every dollar general!

Most stores aren't big enough to justify having electric carts. And besides, they are expensive to buy and repair.

So if that store were to get an electric cart just for you Miss Speshul Snowflake, not only would the store lose payroll, but prices would go up.

And as for the worker taking a break, guess you don't care about the 'peons'. Here's a clue, retail workers need to eat too! I know you probably look at retail workers as a bunch of mindless robots who have no lives outside of catering to your every whim.

As for the recalled item, maybe the store wasn't notified that an item was on recall.

Maybe the stocker didn't know about it and put it on the shelf. Maybe they just wanted to p*** you off by making you wait 5 more seconds.

And for the long lines, yeah it sucks but it's part of the dollar store culture.

Most stores generally have one person working so be thankful there was at least another person working even if they had the audacity to be taking a break. Try standing in line behind people doing idiotic returns or old ladies taking 10 minutes to write a check for $5 and then arguing because the peon didn't put their greeting card in a 'sack'

So what I'm trying to say is get over yourself.

to Anonymous #1166488

You, my friend, are awesome!

drjonah
to Anonymous #1167412

Hahaha I love the old ladies and their greeting cards, gotta have it in a 'sack' because it's sunny out, windy, cloudy. Had one lady a few months ago tell the cashier she needed a bag for her greeting card because it was cold out!

to Anonymous #1167435

If you think dollar general can't afford to keep up electric carts for handicapped customors you are badly mistaken. As long as they can get people like you to work for such low wages then they can afford it.

What you earn in your working life time will depend on what you draw when you become disabled or just plain old. It won't be enough to live on if you continue to work for dollar general.

You can't even spell special but thanks for the complement at my age I like being called special and being handicapped I appreciate the employees at stores that are kind to us old people. You my dear do not need to be working with the public!

to Anonymous Clinton Township, Michigan, United States #1183126

You are clearly not getting the point. Arguing is futile with you.