4.1
Layout of Store

As your employee should have they ask me for ID to buy cigarettes. I was in a hurry and just wanted to get in get out. I was ask to show my ID so I had to go back out to my car to get it I am a 55 year old woman and this is just ridiculous to have to do this as you can clearly see I am of age. I understand this is policy but this is going too far and this is exactly why I do not normally go to your stores because of such a ridiculous rule . And to my understanding someone was fired for not asking for a customers ID. Really that is just a wrong way of getting rid of someone. Not a company I would ever work for as I work for dollartree and We don't have policies like this. Wow people are fighting to survive now a days and they get fired for something like that. Not saying much for your company.

Sincerely Pat Futty

Tiggggerwoman@gmail.com

This reviewer shared experience about "carded at 55 years old" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Dollar General Corporation. the best about cigarettes from Dollar General Corporation was customer service and staff. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dollar General Corporation.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Dollar General Corporation to other companies on our site.

Comments

It's not just policy, it's law. Cashiers are not supposed to make the age judgement.

Besides it may not be a good idea to leave any ID in your car. If someone broke in, they would have your information.

Take it as a compliment. I'd much rather be ID'd than read about another store being shut down because the clerk misestimated someone's age when they didn't produce the required ID.

We get proofed buying cans of air (dusters) in NY.

You learn to live with it.

The stores would rater fire a good worker for breaking the rules/laws then lose their license.

So next time thank the cashier, you look beautiful darling.