Greenwood, Arkansas

I do not understand why you would put sale prices on your items in advance and then be rude to customers that try to purchase the item. The item I tried to buy had a huge font for the dollar amount.

The cashier informed me that she would have to charge me the full price. I stated "I am confused, it says it is on sale" She said the sale did not start yet and I can not give you that price. I said if there is a sale sign on it the law says you have to sell it for that. the rude manager stated "the date is clear" a size 4 font is not "clear" I understand trying to put signs on the night before, perhaps a few minutes before closing, but an hour before closing?

I did not ever think that I would have to "read the date on the sign" thinking, "I better look, this sale might not be for a month or so" I love Dollar General, however I left there and went to Walmart. I purchase several times a week from Dollar General due to the fact of its location in Greenwood, AR.

I own a business and shop there a lot, but after that experience I will make the track to Walmart. I would never treat my customers that way!

Comments

I'm 52 years old and I understand the need to card people buying tobacco products, but common sense should be the rule of thumb! My son is 17 n does not get carded at the Allentown PA dollar general!

There is no such law that says you have to sell it at the price tag. Google it.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #681700

Employees have more to do the last hour before closing than putting sale signs out. It is all a case of buyer beware.