1.9K views

Yes...I understand, that people need to pay close attention when their on a register. However, with all the camera the Dollar Store has, and two people working each shift (sometimes).

Why does an employee that made it to manager and was shifted from store to store, even running one all by their selves one evening. Get fired over this. Any employee for that matter. If you know these people aren't stealing, would you fire them.

Seems to me, the Dollar Store should put in revolving doors. As many employees they go thur. More money is spent, bringing in new people, training them, only to fire them within a few months due to 3 mistakes. Then hire someone else, train them and repeat the same thing over and over.

Then fire them over coming up 7.00 over, because it's their 3rd right up.

Crazy!! And some dollar stores u can go in. And have to get someone attention to ring u up.

Wow...maybe you all should view your cameras more often.

And start some firing over people be lazy and rude. Seriously

Comments

I was fired yesterday because Sunday I had car trouble as couldn't make it in. I have never been written up.

The store manager also has 1 key holder and 1 associate close the store neither has a car or ride. They both walk. Then the store manager and an associate closed one night. The manager asked if she had a ride she said no.

Then he stated there's a suspicious vehicle outside, this was an hour before the store closes. When they walked out the car was still there. Associate said that car still there and the store manager says ok and got in his car and left the associate there. When she got a street over that car went past her going really slow looking at her.

From my understanding from cbls at closing both associates are to make sure they get to their cars safety. Oh both associates that close have no ride are both females. All the employees talk about getting {{REDACTED}}. 2 smoke *** inn the parking lot after they close.

And 2 was drinking on the clock at another store that we had to work at one day. My question is mainly about can he have 2 people close that does not have a car or rides?

to Beth #1507444

if someone can help me out that would be great.. Please email meKimberly11388@gmail.com

Was Fired unfairly! Called HR to Lodge a Complaint!

That was 8 days ago! Not a Word!!! They really donot care about 10+ years of busting our *** for Dollar General!!

I was a Manager with an always under 1.00 percent inventory, No cash Shortages, And I Checked out My Daughter, WTH its a small town! I wasn’t going to turn away a Sale!!!

to B E Montgomery #1408702

Depending on the state you are located in, most states are considered at-will employment meaning they can fire you for no reason so your complaint has no validity

New Port Richey, Florida, United States #1288918

I think my boss is trying to get me fired she's writen me up 5 Times in3 months for bs and refuses copies what can I do

They also think the employees are stealing. When all the long its the customers who come in the store everyday.

Three write right up is not fare. The first should be a warning then a right up.

Dollar General is just back as all get up. Its a joke

You bet your A, I'd fire you too. 3 write-ups in 12 months means you can't go more than just a few months without a write up, then again and again?

Seeee-yaaa.

Definitely not keeping that employee around when there are plenty of other people searching for a job. I bet it canNOT be that difficult to work at a Dollar, so to get 3 write-ups is pretty lame.

to Fred #1078234

Sir I will have you know dollar general is a very difficult job, you have a time limit for everything even freight u have to stop every little thing u do to listen to peoples stories have them run to the cars to get money holding lines rude couponers cussing u out BC of in validity when u make a mistake on register u cant fix it unless ur a key holder if u even get ONE write up u will not be keyholder for a whole year. The hours they give u are so few only 11-21 weekly u can just do one thing every time u ring someone up u got to recover shelves but u can't so that when u getting bombared with customers who are to lazy to look for things or causing issues at registers.

The machines break down alot and people often get pissed and say forget the purchase and u got put up all that stuff as a cashier hunting the store for this *** while being the only one working cashier BC remember ONLY 2 PEOPLE WORK PER SHIFT.

its sad when they buy all this *** no one buys in OVERSTOCK and can't spend a little money to give more hours to employers and let more work so work load isn't so tedious. I've work at many places including WalMart but this was the worst

to Anonymous New Port Richey, Florida, United States #1288916

Why cant I get a copy of my write up

Yes...I understand, that people need to pay close attention when their (they are ) on a register. However, with all the camera ( (cameras)the Dollar Store has, and two people working each shift (sometimes).

Why does an employee that (who) made it to manager and was shifted from store to store, even running one all by their selves ( themself) one evening. Get fired over this. Any employee for that matter. If you know these people aren't stealing, would you fire them.(?)

Seems to me, the Dollar Store should put in revolving doors. As many employees they go thur ( through ). More money is spent, bringing in new people, training them, only to fire them within a few months due to 3 mistakes. Then hire someone else, train them and repeat the same thing over and over.

( I ) Don't get it. People make mistakes. I mean Really...give them keys to the store, leave them to deal with some shifts all alone. Trust them to that extent.

Yeah, I agree with the 1st noter. And I did't fix any punctuation. Yes, I would fire them, there are rules you have to follow and if you break them, you have to leave.

Then fire them over coming up 7.00 over, because it's their 3rd right up.

Wow...maybe you all should view your cameras more often.

And start some firing over people be lazy and rude.Seriously

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #748230

I can see just by the apparent illiteracy of your post that getting a job at a dollar store is the highpoint of your career in retail and losing that great and responsible position would upset you. However, there are many dollar stores out there in need of your expertise.

All you have to do is apply. But, don't say much at the interview and definitely do NOT try to write anything.

to nikalseyn Toronto, Ontario, Canada #754440

NO need to be a rude ***, at least she is not bashing a company she got fired for when she "borrowed" a pen. Which BTW was stealing.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #748183

You didn't have three "right" ups, you had three "write" ups. Also there isn't any such word as "u." I bet there was more than three write ups.