Dollar General Corporation - Expired and damaged goods...
Update added by user Apr 13, 2016
The comment staring "I have a confession" is obviously not me.Why this person is defending DG in such an odd way is beyond me.
I can only guess that anyone with a defense for DG is a new employee who has yet to experience what it's really like to work there.
I was not fired...I gladly resigned after finding a better job.I wish there was a way to delete this person's comment , however there is not.
Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2014
I worked for DG and have to admit that I wouldn't purchase food from any DG store.The cold items, when being delivered, spend several minutes waiting to be "checked in"...ice cream, milk, eggs, bacon.
If you haven't noticed in these stores, it's typically HOT because the A/C is usually broken. Your perishables will sit in the heat upwards of 25-40 minutes, plus the time it takes for the vendor to stock it. Gross, right? Let's move on to dry goods...crackers, cookies, chips.
These items are sent straight into the stockroom, which is full of rodents and roaches. They will sit in there, stacked on a cart with many other boxes, sometimes with chemicals and poisons. As if the stockroom isn't dirty enough, the sales floor isn't much better. The sales floor is home to hundreds of insects.
Even though packaging may not allow the bugs/rodents to get to the actual food, bugs/rodents still crawl all over the packages you'll be placing in your fridge and cupboards. Overworked and underpaid, quality typically is t a priority of the DG associate...check out the photo of the 5 month out of date box of "Chicken in a Biscuit" purchased today. Truth is, customers are the ones who discover the expired items.
Even after they bring it to the attention of the associates, it's likely they are bombarded with so many tasks it will likely be forgotten and the expired goods will remain on the shelf for you to buy.Should you look past rodent *** next to your box of cookies that likely has insect eggs laid in it, by all means, continue to shop Dollar General!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Gross conditioms
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Expired Products
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Lowe's delivery driver misses driveway by 25 feet and backs into my front yard and over a $13,000 StormTech detention system. Then driver runs away when approached by contractor. A..."
- "I and undoubtedly thousands of other victims stayed awake until 3AM EST so we could save some money on Christmas gifts this season. Excited that Walmart.com would be offering..."
- "My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "I purchase a box of scented trash bags from GLAD. Every single trash bag was defective, leaving garbage juice to leak all over my kitchen floor. Worse yet, I'm pregnant..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "My 90 year old mother had her property ruined by Racing Randy's crew from Quick Transport. They were supposed to be transporting an antique six burner wood stove and broke..."
- "My mother fell from this chair times and injured her back and hit her head. I fell too while trying to catch her along with another family member...."