Dollar General Corporation - Expired and damaged goods...
Update added by user Apr 13
The comment staring "I have a confession" is obviously not me.Why this person is defending DG in such an odd way is beyond me.
I can only guess that anyone with a defense for DG is a new employee who has yet to experience what it's really like to work there.
I was not fired...I gladly resigned after finding a better job.I wish there was a way to delete this person's comment , however there is not.
Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2014
I worked for DG and have to admit that I wouldn't purchase food from any DG store.The cold items, when being delivered, spend several minutes waiting to be "checked in"...ice cream, milk, eggs, bacon.
If you haven't noticed in these stores, it's typically HOT because the A/C is usually broken. Your perishables will sit in the heat upwards of 25-40 minutes, plus the time it takes for the vendor to stock it. Gross, right? Let's move on to dry goods...crackers, cookies, chips.
These items are sent straight into the stockroom, which is full of rodents and roaches. They will sit in there, stacked on a cart with many other boxes, sometimes with chemicals and poisons. As if the stockroom isn't dirty enough, the sales floor isn't much better. The sales floor is home to hundreds of insects.
Even though packaging may not allow the bugs/rodents to get to the actual food, bugs/rodents still crawl all over the packages you'll be placing in your fridge and cupboards. Overworked and underpaid, quality typically is t a priority of the DG associate...check out the photo of the 5 month out of date box of "Chicken in a Biscuit" purchased today. Truth is, customers are the ones who discover the expired items.
Even after they bring it to the attention of the associates, it's likely they are bombarded with so many tasks it will likely be forgotten and the expired goods will remain on the shelf for you to buy.Should you look past rodent *** next to your box of cookies that likely has insect eggs laid in it, by all means, continue to shop Dollar General!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Gross conditioms
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Expired Products
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Very dirty store. Cant walk through isles. Feel sorry for handicap people. Store in Section Alabama is so dirty and workers are always outside smoking i will never go back..."
- "Your policy on karting everybody in the store that buys a pack of cigarettes for you is *** i'm 64 years old and they won't sell me a pack of..."
- "On Sunday April 17th. We took our SUV to Sam’s Club in Temple, Texas to have all 4 tires installed. The following Sat morning, April 23rd, my husband..."
- "My 90 year old mother had her property ruined by Racing Randy's crew from Quick Transport. They were supposed to be transporting an antique six burner wood stove and broke..."
- "My mother fell from this chair times and injured her back and hit her head. I fell too while trying to catch her along with another family member...."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."