Dollar General Corporation - Expired and damaged goods...

Update added by user Apr 13

The comment staring "I have a confession" is obviously not me.Why this person is defending DG in such an odd way is beyond me.

I can only guess that anyone with a defense for DG is a new employee who has yet to experience what it's really like to work there.

I was not fired...I gladly resigned after finding a better job.I wish there was a way to delete this person's comment , however there is not.

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2014

I worked for DG and have to admit that I wouldn't purchase food from any DG store.The cold items, when being delivered, spend several minutes waiting to be "checked in" cream, milk, eggs, bacon.

If you haven't noticed in these stores, it's typically HOT because the A/C is usually broken. Your perishables will sit in the heat upwards of 25-40 minutes, plus the time it takes for the vendor to stock it. Gross, right? Let's move on to dry goods...crackers, cookies, chips.

These items are sent straight into the stockroom, which is full of rodents and roaches. They will sit in there, stacked on a cart with many other boxes, sometimes with chemicals and poisons. As if the stockroom isn't dirty enough, the sales floor isn't much better. The sales floor is home to hundreds of insects.

Even though packaging may not allow the bugs/rodents to get to the actual food, bugs/rodents still crawl all over the packages you'll be placing in your fridge and cupboards. Overworked and underpaid, quality typically is t a priority of the DG associate...check out the photo of the 5 month out of date box of "Chicken in a Biscuit" purchased today. Truth is, customers are the ones who discover the expired items.

Even after they bring it to the attention of the associates, it's likely they are bombarded with so many tasks it will likely be forgotten and the expired goods will remain on the shelf for you to buy.Should you look past rodent *** next to your box of cookies that likely has insect eggs laid in it, by all means, continue to shop Dollar General!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Gross conditioms
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Expired Products
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #541352 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dollar General Corporation? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 3 No 3
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 13 #1144199

I'm a key at a dollar general. If you have these problems you're obviously doing your job wrong!

Apr 13 #1144278

you'll learn soon job was done best of my ability in the conditions that the company was, and is aware of in thousands if their stores. good luck with your "key"

Oct 13, 2015 #1047457

Lmfao...What? An honest liar. Haha, don't get many of them nowadays.

1 0 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1024188

I believe your original statement, who at DG got to you to make you change your tune? Just had my teen run to DG for me to get creamer and it expired 10 months ago. She has also purchased food from there to later find out it was expired.

3 1 Reply

Apr 13 #1144281

no change in tune....the reply made about a "confession" was not me.

Oct 02, 2014 #878676

People I have a confession to make, I was fired from Dollar General so I posted this to vent my anger. The truth is that we don't get rodents and bugs in the food, and the box on the picture the one that expires in April 2014, I found it in my fridge, the truth is I bought the chicken in January or February of this year. I made the part about chemicals and poisons in hopes the store will shut down, but I don't want my friends to lose their jobs because of this so I will confess these are lies I made up because they fired me today. I am sorry for all the trouble I caused and I was just too upset to think clearly.

5 11 Reply

Nov 24, 2015 #1069232

Apr 13 #1144284

anyone who has shopped or worked at a dollar general knows that my review of my time there is spot on...and as far you trying to comment as you are the original reviewer, if I wanted to retract my review, id just delete it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dollar General Corporation. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Dollar General Corporation.
Filing a new complaint about