3.0

1) On Friday, Feb. 3, 2017, I went in the Dollar General Store in Egg Harbor City, NJ.

I purchased some items along with 2 DVDs. The cashier handed my bags to me & I left the store. When I arrived home (straight from your store), I realized that I didn't have the bag with the DVDs, I went directly back (no more than 15 mins. and I was told the DVDs weren't there.

A couple of the cashiers went through the motions of looking on the floor behind the cash register. I couldn't believe that they actually had several bags on the floor behind them. One said that they hold bags of merchandise behind the counter that have been "left" by customers. Your stores use a "turn table" style mechanism to dispense a customers purchases but now I realize that it is very easy to drop bags behind the counter onto the floor.

I believe, after observing the bags behind the counter, that some of your employees have a "thievery ring" going on. 2) Last summer (2016), I went to the same store listed above and was quite turned off by an incident I reported to them. I had made my purchases and left the store to get in my car. I put my items in the car and pushed the cart back to the store so it wouldn't be in the way of other vehicles.

I saw a wallet in another cart & called out to a lady I saw to ask if it was hers. She replied that it wasn't. An employee was just going back into the store talking on the phone. I asked her & a cashier if anyone had reported a lost wallet.

The cashier acted surprised that I was trying to return the wallet to the owner and the other employee accepted the wallet from me, but I heard her on the phone walking away saying they hadn't found a wallet. 3) I await your response.

Ms. Spellman (609-379-1172)

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Cashier.

Preferred solution: Rid your stores of employees that are stealing from shoppers..

Comments

Most likely they did steal it. They offer false advertising and other ***.

I wouldn't put it past them that it was restocked.

BTW, normally I can't stand customers like you. I just dislike DG more.