2.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

02/27/18. I witnessed an employee at a dollar general store on North Jefferson St.

ATHENS AL 35611. THE CUSTOMER COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM NOT GIVING HER A RECEIPT. WORDS WERE EXCHANGED BETWEEN EMPLOYEE AND CUSTOMERS. THE CUSTOMER TOLD THE EMPLOYEE THAT HER HUSBAND WAS A POLICE.

THE EMPLOYEE SAID I DON'T GIVE A *** ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND A POLICE AND HE ALSO SAID THAT SHE PICKED THE WRONG ON. THE WOMAN SAID *** AND THE EMPLOYEE CALLED HER A *** AND SAID THAT REASON SHE WAS PREGNANT WAS BECAUSE SHE HAD BEEN TO Much {{Redacted}}. I thought he was going to jump over the counter at woman. I was frightened and so was other customers.

I called the police afraid for my safety and the other customers who had children in there. The pregnant woman went and got her son and also called the police. This could have been avoided if they would have told customers that the machine wasn't printing out receipts before they rung up our items. Your employee was big white male around 300 lbs or 6ft tall and scary.

The way he cursed that woman and called her out of her name with customers and children in there was very very unprofessional and rude and also frightening. My name is JoAnn Jones my phone number 256 874 0734

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Customer Care.

Comments

Op just because they serve you doesn’t make them servants and they should never be treated as less then human. Unfortunately people seem to have thought they can get away with some of the worst type of behavior without repercussions. That’s another human being and when you treat them as less they have every right to hit back!

I was there when this event happened. And I would like to say that the cashier was out of line by the things he said.

But I would like to say that the customers were aggressive and belligerent to him first. He tried to explain to the woman that there wasn't anything else they could do about the receipt but she wouldn't listen to him. Then she started getting ugly with him. Words were going back and forth between them and her son even threatened the cashier.

I don't blame the cashier for taking up for himself. I probably wouldn't have handled the situation any better nor could anyone else. The customers were clearly drugged out and wanting to cause a scene. I just wanted to give my opinion on this because the lady who posted originally has a right to her opinion but has cast the employee as a scary bad person and that is far from the truth.

I shop at that dollar general quite frequently and he has always been nice and polite to me. In my opinion he's the best employee they have at that location and it would be a shame to see him get fired over some drugged out people who want to cause trouble.

He may have had a bad day or whatever it may have been but everyone has been in situations similar to this and no one can predict the outcome. I just wanted to stick up for him on this because no one else has.