I came into the Dollar General Store in Columbus, Texas and the employee Cody, smelled of marijuana and was "high". Normally I wouldn't complain of something because its his life but I have 3 young children and I don't want them to be around this, especially when I'm taking them with me to do everyday shopping.

Because of this I do not want to return to this store that I have shopped at most of my life.

I believe the workplace should be drug free especially when dealing with the public and children. Its not only that, its also against the law.

Comments

Kingsport, Tennessee, United States #615965

I WORKED FOR D.G.FOR 17 YEARS AND 4 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS I GOT CANNED,BECAUSE I HAD GOT HURT. I DONE MY JOB EVERY DAY,LOVED MY CUSTORMERS.I JUST DIDNT UNDERSTAND IT,BUT THEY WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT TO GOD ONE DAY NOT ME! :? :? :?

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #615379

Just because the employee smelled of pot, doesn't mean he smoked it on the job. He could have smoked it before reporting for work or outside during a break.

Exactly how do you know he was "high?" No two people are going to act the same when under the influence. The way you sound, you must have had a lot of experience with things like that.

The employee's behavior, could have been due to a medical condition or something. People shouldn't be so judgmental and for all you know some of your friends and relatives could be using worse things than pot.