Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Without any kind of warning, DG started building a store right behind my house. When I say that, I mean that there is literally 3 inches between my property line and their parking lot. They then decided to put the delivery door, dumpster and ALL the lighting on the side of their building that faces houses (the other side faces an empty field and a gas station). There is a direct line of vision from any area in the parking lot into my house.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the crew working on building the site filed a false police report against my husband for indecent exposure. Let that sink in.. The crew building the DG store IN MY BACKYARD then LIED to the police trying to get my husband in trouble. When we called to tell corporate that they were lying, they said "oh well" and refused to even look into it.

This is not to mention all the other smaller problems we've had along the way. The crew has cut our cable lime twice and did something to a water line. They set their own building on fire. One of the guys got out of his truck and peed out in the open while my children were playing outside, not 10 feet away. They've tried to destroy our personal property. At one point, my husband couldn't step out back without the crew yelling over to him.

And, yes, we knew that area was zoned commercial. But first, it had sat empty for over 40 years and there was enough room in that field that they could have easily built it further away. At the very least, one would think that they would have considered their location when decided where semis would be unloading and where the lights would be placed.

I'll start with what WE will do.. We've been playing "It's a Small World" on repeat. We've made a sign letting people know that DG is a bully. We will also be filing suits against anyone we can about the false police report.

This person wrote the review a product or service from Dollar General Corporation. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dollar General Corporation to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was location, lights, delivery door and dumpster. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar General Corporation for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Brentwood, Tennessee, United States #1180862

This is awesome that you are fighting them. Keep fighting.

You are awesome.

I hate dollar store. Maybe it will be shut down soon.