Today I was shopping at the Dollar General Store in Murfreesboro, TN on Broad Street beside Premier 6 Movie Theater.I was there to purchase Christmas gifts for family.

An assistant Manager in a striped blue and white shirt looked at my boyfriend who was wearing makeup as part of his fashion statement and glared. Then he ran up to us yelling at us to "get out of the store" and saying we just came there to play and not to shop. He was screaming at the top of his lungs at us to get out of the store even though we were indeed trying to make a purchase. I tried to talk polite to the screaming, aggressive man, explaining to him that we were there to actually make purchases, but he cut me off screaming over and over "GET OUT OF THE STORE!" All the customers stopped and stared at him because he was making a scene.

Due to us not doing anything to provoke the behavior in the first place, I feel we were descriminated against because my boyfriend is not white and also because my boyfriend wears makeup and fur as a part of his fashion statement of clothing choice. I told the guy that I felt like we were being discriminated against, and he continued to yell at us telling us to get out of the store. I told him I would be contacting headquarters regarding the issue and he threw his hands in the air and went in the back. We talked to the other manager at the front counter who was polite to us, and talked to him then she came back and told us "I don't know what happened between you guys and him, but he said that if you guys don't leave, he is going to call the police".

Respectfully, we left, however, we didn't do anything that should have provoked the behavior and the guy that was screaming at us in the store had red bloodshot eyes and was acting very aggressive like he was on some kind of drug or something.

I dont feel like a store should be legally allowed to discriminate against someone like that and get away with it.I dont think anyone should shop there anymore at that store location because they might feel like being discriminating is ok.

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Had an Experience with Dollar General Corporation?

Comments