This policy of viewing adults identification for cigarettes is outrageous. I can stop anywhere else and purchase without showing an ID.

The younger generation I agree with to check ID, but a person of 54 and 72 years of age is basically calling me a child/boy. I think this needs to be reviewed/revised.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Dollar General Corporation. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dollar General Corporation.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Dollar General Corporation to other companies on our site.

Comments

kyes731

I work at Dollar General in NY. We are required, by law, to request ID from anyone wishing to purchase tobacco products.

Yes, I feel bad asking those who are definitely "of age", but we would be guilty of discrimination if we only checked on those that appeared to be under age.

Certain over the counter medicines are handled the same way. I'm sorry this upsets you.