3.2
Layout of Store

Store#14267

On November 28th 2015@5:00pm. I stopped in the store to pick up a few items.

I got a cart and proceeded to the frozen food section. The employee imediately rushed down the isle and stood there and made it very obvious that she was watching me, as I selected my items. I confronted her about her ignorance. She pretended she had no idea what I was saying.

I was not the only customer, I was the only person of color in the store. I guess she was embarrassed that she was called on the stupidity. This is not the first time I have felt targeted and discriminated against while shopping in Dollar General. The first insulting incident was with the male manager of the store.

I also confronted him about his stupidity and yet again it was treated as if I was assuming the wrong thing. I do understand that shoplifting does take place, however customers should not be overtly made to feel uncomfortable. In my experience, I have observed the people that are watched intensely. Its strangely odd that all of the "thieves" are so called "African American".

I think there should be another system in place, because you will lose the "African American" dollars. Targeting a certain race is unlawful and a disgusting practice. Please teach your employees some professonalism. I would like to add that these experiences are with (2) managers and (1) cashier.

Most of your employees are friendly and helpful.

The store offers most of my household needs. However, Walmart is not far away people in my neighborhood are fed up with the discrimination.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dollar general corporation staff. Dollar General Corporation needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation staff in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments