I visited the Gilbert, SC store yesterday on Hyw 378. I am a disabled veteran that travels with a Service Dog issued me by the Veterans Aministration. Though not required, my service dog was wearing a very visible vest and ID tag. As I entered the store the Asst. Man. rudely and officiously told me to get my dog out of the store. I tried to explain I was a disabled person and he was my assist dog but she told me it was against the law for my dog to be in the store. Things went downhill after that. I called your corporate relations and filed a complaint and was told that someone would return my call within 24 hours. Twenty-four hours has passed.

My family spends a lot of money with your company and I am beyond angry.

Your management is not aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I am going to file a formal complaint with the Department of Justice and do what I can with the local news media In giving you some good advertisements. This is no way to treat a disabled veteran.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of management. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of pet policy and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Dollar General Corporation needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned pet policy in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments

#1422033

Service dogs fine. But now they allow bums and dogs in there!

Signs he wants a job and food. And when a customer gets asked to give to them. Let's get robbed or a house broken into or hurt because this is wrong!!! The employees allow this.

The cashier couldn't give correct change. The store is bad business!!

I think that is terrible.I really hope you get justice and to support you I will never set foot in dollar general again.I come from a military family and what they have done to you disgusts me.Once upon a time our wonderful veterans were respected.It is a sad world we live in today where they are not.Thank You for your service to our country.