I visited the Gilbert, SC store yesterday on Hyw 378. I am a disabled veteran that travels with a Service Dog issued me by the Veterans Aministration. Though not required, my service dog was wearing a very visible vest and ID tag. As I entered the store the Asst. Man. rudely and officiously told me to get my dog out of the store. I tried to explain I was a disabled person and he was my assist dog but she told me it was against the law for my dog to be in the store. Things went downhill after that. I called your corporate relations and filed a complaint and was told that someone would return my call within 24 hours. Twenty-four hours has passed.

My family spends a lot of money with your company and I am beyond angry.

Your management is not aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I am going to file a formal complaint with the Department of Justice and do what I can with the local news media In giving you some good advertisements. This is no way to treat a disabled veteran.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Management.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 26, 2015.

Comments

#1422033

Service dogs fine. But now they allow bums and dogs in there!

Signs he wants a job and food. And when a customer gets asked to give to them. Let's get robbed or a house broken into or hurt because this is wrong!!! The employees allow this.

The cashier couldn't give correct change. The store is bad business!!

I think that is terrible.I really hope you get justice and to support you I will never set foot in dollar general again.I come from a military family and what they have done to you disgusts me.Once upon a time our wonderful veterans were respected.It is a sad world we live in today where they are not.Thank You for your service to our country.