Just wanted to share a bad experience I had at the Dollar General located at 3958 Westbank Expressway in Harvey, LA. I went in to get dishwasher tabs and stopped by the makeup first, as I've done many times before.

I noticed an employee watching me from the corner, but I selected 2 items and proceeded to the cleaning supplies. I got what I needed, decided I didn't want the makeup, and placed it on a shelf where it admittedly didn't belong. The girl who had been watching me appeared out of nowhere and demanded to know where the cosmetics were. I replied that I had put them down in a different aisle because I had frankly been too lazy to put them back where they belonged.

I retrieved them for her and told her I knew she had been watching me. She asked me where the "other items " were. I asked her what items she was referring to, and she said "The ones I saw you with." I let her look in my purse and offered to empty out the contents for her. I also pulled out the insides of my pockets and offered to let her search me.

She declined and told me I had to leave. I repeatedly asked her what items she thought I had, and she couldn't give me an answer, just kept telling me to leave. Her name is Brittany and she claims to be a manager.

I have spoken to the district manager and am awaiting his follow-up. Just wanted to put this out there and warn others they could be falsely accused and publicly humiliated in this sad excuse for a business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Comments

Just put things back where they belong.