Dollar General Corporation Deal Review from Davenport, Iowa

32 of 837 Dollar General Corporation reviews

On facebook your company is advertising a 60 gift card if you do all these steps.After doing them and waiting 30 minutes it says that I didn'the share the offer with 15 of my friends on Facebook so I again went through the process of answering the questions, sharing it to my page and then sending it to every person on my friends list, this taking even longer than 30 minutes for it to say the same message.

I do do most of my shopping at Doller General because it is close to my house. This is false advertisment and took up alot of my time, something needs to be done about this. My address is 920 Washington Street Davenport iowa 52804.

I believe that because of this false advertisement I deserve the gift card and the time I wasted doing exactly what it said to do.These pictures show I waited and waited and shared it to my fb page.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #948836

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dollar General Corporation? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
32 of 837 Dollar General Corporation reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 04 #1236625 Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States

Are you an ***? Dollar general is NOT running that promotion, here's how I KNOW after looking at the screenshots you provided for all of 1 second each.
1.) The first thing that should've had your alarm bells ringing is the website name is "qedxo.com", not "dollargeneral.com"?
2.) The "Dollar General Advertisement" you saw was shared by a random user, who also fell for the 3 step method. Let me guess, after sharing you were asked to complete a survey to prove you were human and not a spam bot? Or maybe you had to complete a survey to verify your identity?
3.) You were not just asked to share the scam, you were asked to personally invite 15 of your friends(aka send them all a notification that says "Alexis Rodgers sent you an invite to Win a free $60 dollar general gift card on qedxo.com!" in hopes that they too will fall for the scam.
4.) I invented and perfected the "3 step method" on Facebook (that's what it's referred too for incentivized viral marketing), and made hundreds of thousands of dollars back in 2008 promoting free gift cards, free iphones, see who views your facebook, get the facebook dislike button, and "viral" video's such as "99% of people cannot watch this video for 3 seconds without (put verb such as crying,laughing,yelling,vomitting,ect. here)".
I can't believe people are STILL doing this type of stuff on Facebook, I considered it completely dead in 2012 as Facebook really stepped up security and got rid of the automated methods of
... Show more

3 0 Reply

Nov 04 #1236597 Lewisburg, West Virginia, United States

Anytime you see something like this on fb its always a scam so that scammers can get info on you don't be so gullible dollar general wont pay their employees enough to stay so why do you think they'd give away gift cards smh

1 0 Reply
Peter99

Nov 04 #1236044 Kutztown, Pennsylvania, United States

Don't fill out anymore surveys. These things are scams. They entice you by offering you gift cards or money and when you enter the site your computer is affected with malware and viruses. Dollar General has stated they have nothing to do with this. These people entice you with coupons, gift cards ect from various companies not just dollar general and try to attack your computer.

1 0 Reply
First Born Triplet

Nov 04 #1236043 Ontario, Canada

After googling this topic this is what I found. So you may want to do a virus check
I was sent a post to get a $60 gift card for answering some questions and sending it to 15 friends on face book. Well I completed the whole thing 2x, but it never let me finish and find out where I get the coupon or voucher.
LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare
Chronological
Comments
Lisa Shaw Lisa Shaw It is a scam. It is not Dollar General doing it. They have posted about it. And by doing the "survey", you now have malware on your computer.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dollar General Corporation. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dollar General Corporation.
Filing a new complaint about
×