Im a police officer and they card me... seriously?

A little common sense. Very disrespectful not to mention the woman in front of me was about 90 walking with a cane and she got carded too

Comments

Brentwood, Tennessee, United States #904994

Lmao a cop is upset because the law is being followed ......... Wow.

sub·jec·tive

səbˈjektiv/Submit adjective

1.Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

That is what they are trying to avoid. A customer may look 25 to one cashier and 17 to another.

Subjective decisions could lead to fines.

Fines could lead to higher prices and decreased profitability. Carding every single person across the board=NO fines.

A police officer offended because a company is going overboard trying to FOLLOW the law? SMH.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but it is Dollar General policy to ID anyone and everyone attempting to purchase any alcohol and tobacco products. Our Loss Prevention department goes into the stores and audits our security footage on a regular basis.

If they see an employee selling alcohol or tobacco without checking ID, that employee is fired without warning or write-up. We all have to complete a course online that stresses this policy in order to comply with state regulations, just to be able to sell those products legally in the first place. Dollar General has a zero tolerance policy. I, myself, have had to fill in at several stores because LP will clear out an entire store's staff for failure to ID.

As an officer of the law, you should appreciate an employee that follows the rules so strictly.

It was not meant to be disrespectful at all. It is simply following protocol.