Hopkins, South Carolina

Was refused to buy a few items because they said that it looked like someone had torn tags off and put new on. And I also found a lighter that had no sticker over barcode and said item not found and then went and found 1 with a sticker over it but it was $4.50 on clearance.

I'm confused the items had tags and I didn't do this. I have several of those same ones. They were purple dot oven mitts. I've shopped at this store several times and was always treated nice.

But to be told had wrong tag and refused sell and then the lighter deal. Yeah I won't be going back. Another store manager refused to sell me the stuff I had in my because 1 rung penny and he thought I had a cart full of penny items and threatened to call cops on me. Was so embarrassed because customers were there.

Well I left the cart as I usually do. Went to family dollar and spent $150 on the stuff. Was cheaper at FM but DG was closer. How can they treat us customers like this?

My time and the EMBARRASSMENT caused and then another store trip further. Yeah I'm NOT HAPPY. This needs to stop or you will loose more customers besides me.

Thank you for your time. I'm NO thief or a walking mat..

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Dollar General Corporation. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dollar General Corporation to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar General Corporation and dollar general corporation customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Saratoga, California, United States #1195390

Since you are not a thief I'm sure you don't want to profit from the actions of a thief switching tags on merchandise. So you understand the actions of the management not selling you the altered items?