Minimum Age:

It is illegal to sell, furnish or give tobacco products to anyone under the age of 18, or to sell or give tobacco products to a person who intends to deliver it to someone who is under 18

State law also incorporates federal law (see below) that requires retailers to check photo ID of everyone appearing under age 27 who attempts to purchase Restricted Products to verify the customer is of legal age to purchase.

With this being said...WHY DOES DG REQUIRE ID FOR TOBACCO PURCHASES FOR PEOPLE IN THEIR 50s & 60s??????????

Why would a person working for dollar general get fired for selling to a 60 year old? Are you joking?!?!

What or who is behind this ridculous policy? How is this justified? What would possibly be the reasoning behind it?

As I understand it...they only need a date of birth. So why can't I give them that and be done with it? I can buy alcohol, spray paint, dangerous chemicals...all without showing my ID because I am WELL above 50!!! The common sense people of the world can clearly see that I am not and have not been anywhere near my 20-30s in quite a while!

DG has definitely lost my business for good! Why go thru the hassle that Walmart, family dollar, Exxon, chevron, Shell or anyone else doesn't put you through???

So...DG...what is your rationale for this??

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of dollar general corporation customer care. Dollar General Corporation needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments

Ralphus
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States #1228361

Or just show your ID... is it that much trouble to reach in your wallet and humor the cameras?

Jesus... lazy much?

Or you are one of those people that think that they need something to *** about to make them happy. Go to the gas station where they dont care and wont make you exert yourself by getting that ID out.

drjonah
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States #1214281

Well considering you were acting like a 2 year old, I can see why they wanted your ID

If you don't show I'd then you'll get the cashier fired do u want to be responsible for that I don't think so I'm not gonna loose my job because of a *** like you, you gonna pay my bills when u cause me to loose my job?

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1213505

If a cashier demands to see your ID in every instance, no matter how old the customer appears to be it is always wise to just leave all your stuff on the counter and walk away. And, of course never shop at that store again.

Cashiers are told to do this because management doesn't wish to be caught selling to minors as the state(s) conduct "sting" visits to catch them selling to minors.

However, common sense never enters into the dictates of management. Thus, leaving your intended purchases and walking out is your best option.

to h.kitchener #1213687

I agree.

ransom
to h.kitchener #1220085

That's just rude and ***. Just smile and show the ID like a decent human being. I can't stand people like you.