5/24/14 Helena AL location: 4979 Hwy 17 35080.

Went in this store which I very frequently patronize. There was a line of customers at that point with about 6-7 customers with one register open.

Needed to use restroom before I shopped.. There were 2 employees talking in the hallway while customers waited to be checked out. When I got in line after shopping, there were about 5 people ahead of me and about another 7-8 that came behind me. At this point an employee came from the hallway close to the office with a person she assumably knew by both their deminer, opened the second register and proceeded to check her friend out.most of us were excited that a second register was being opened and I told the lady ahead of me to go first since she was ahead of me in line.

Lo and behold, as she walked there, the cashier locked the register after checking out that one person mentioned above and proceeded to walk back toward the office. At this point there were about 10-13 customers in line. I asked the lady at the register after she rang me up if there was any way to talk to the management team in private. Customers in front of me voiced among ourselves that that particular 2nd employee has a habit of talking on the phone while customers wait , and as it was said by one" she was eating a honey bun and trying to ring me up with one hand" .

Well apparently she is a manager and is the one that came out to talk to me and introduced herself as Christy. I kindly asked if I could talk to a different manager to report my concern and I did. This is an ongoing issue and hopefully some corrective action can be taken. I learnt her name is Christy Morris.

Maybe she may need an inservice on customer service?

Don't know her personally but I think she may benefit from it and save the patrons from waiting in line unnessessarily. -thanks

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Cashier.

Comments

Helena, Alabama, United States #899463

I have met her and don't even bother her to ask a question. Rude. Rude, Rude.