Update by user Apr 22, 2012

After the last incident I went to Dollar General after sometime to cool off and went to the manager and asked what his issue was with me.He told me that he thought I was someone else and apologized.

He said that I resembled someone else and realized later that day that I was not the person he thought I was. So I was followed around being made to feel I was doing something wrong when I wasn\'t!!!!!!!! I also asked why their was always such long lines and why he could not ring up customer to get lines down and was told he DID NOT KNOW HOW TO RUN THE REGISTERS come on people what is wrong with this picture?!?!? Also asked about when I came in an was told I could not use cash only debt card he said he didn\'t have enough change for the week-end and I said that sounds like poor management and was told that I was rude.

Well if the truth hurts. I will no longer be shopping at any dollar general very poorly managed and run.

Maybe if enough people get fed up they wont be getting so big.In this ecomomy you would THINK THAT THE CUSTOMER SHOULD COME FIRST!!!

Original review posted by user Mar 22, 2012

I HAVE NEVER SAW A MORE POORLY RUN STORE!I USED TO SHOP THERE KEY WORD "USED TO" I BEEN FOLLOWED AROUND THE STORE WHILE SHOPPING LIKE I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

THEN WHEN I GET TO THE REGISTER I AM THAT THEY COULD ONLY EXCEPT DEBIT CARDS NO CASH. REALLY I MEAN REALLY NO CASH? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE THE SHELVES ARE ALWAYS EMPTY AN NOTHING IS EVER IN STOCK! THE MANAGER WILL WALK AROUND THE STORE WHEN THERE IS A LINE WHY CAN'T HE RING UP SOME CUSTOMERS.

HELLO ISNT THAT PART OF HIS JOB?I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED

Review about: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Had an Experience with Dollar General Corporation?

Comments

Depends on store -- the change funds of DG are very difficult to operate during the weekend- most banks are not open on Saturday.. means change from Friday afternoon nees to last until Monday Lunchtime because you dont have a cashier on Monday morning because of payroll. $300 for all changed ($1's, $5's, $10's and coin does not go far when you can do $15,000 on a weekend.)

mssue27360

To Jedi Knight Ethan you had better get your facts straight before you accuse someone of something.It is part of the manager's job to ring up the customer.

Who do you think pay's their paycheck????????

Also I have never stolen anything in my life maybe since your so quick to judge you are the one stealing things.Seems that I have learned that people who accuse people of things are the one's really doing it!!!

No dummy the manager's job is not to ring up customers it is to manage the store. Also maybe they suspect you of stealing because you are a thief?

It's a DOLLAR store. What do you expect?

Except - not including