Celina,Texas

Every time I step foot into our Dollar General in Celina, Texas, I fear for my health and well-being and swear it'll be the last time. I'm serious this time! I think I caught some infectious disease in the 4 minutes I was in there.

Not to mention the cashier was bent down smoking IN THE ENTRY doorway as I walked in and literally blew smoke in the air I walked through...my lungs were screaming!

Then the same cashier (reeking of smoke and looking as if she hadn't showered in a week) called me to come to her line...imagine my glee!

There was a huge approx 7' tall metal stocking cart in front of the register. That, in conjunction to all the boxes and just mess I could barely reach the counter over my buggy. I had a medium sized bag of dog food in my buggy and she looked at me and folded her arms and said "You need to turn the bag around so I can scan it". I looked at her very confused becasue it was quite clear I couldn't easily reach it as it was on the far side of my buggy up against the register counter...and I had to reach around the stocking cart AND my buggy. I told her I couldn't reach it and she stood there with her arms folded. She refused to help and I said "I'm pretty sure this is part of your job" and she said, "EXCUSE ME?" really loudly. So I repeated saying I couldn't reach and that it was part of her job to assist. She turned around (still not helping me) and started cursing using the "B" word. I had to completely re position the buggy to get to the dog food and I turned it around for her. Then she finally turned around and scanned it. I asked for her name and she turned her back to me. I asked again and she turned and folded her arms. I told her I was going to snap a photo of her with my cell phone so I could show the manager. And in the photo she is standing there with her arms folded and scowling.

When I got home, I realized she did not even put all the bags into my cart. I was missing a $9.99 large bag of bacon dog treats, (5) $1 scented candles and a package of the Sentsy warmer melts. So approximately $18 I paid for and did not receive!!!!!

Dollar General, you've officially been banned by me! (And should probably be decontaminated also).

What do we need to do as a city to demand these stores operate a safe and clean business? I would almost bet $100 there's no way this place could pass any Heath inspection!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Sanitary Conditions.

Reason of review: all of the above and more.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Cleanliness, Service, Employees customer relations, Poor consumer relations.

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #963005

Wow I was in the Celina, Texas Dollar General 3/24/2015. A customer comes in and asked to use the restroom.

The cashier who was in deep conversation with a Celina police officer ( nothing to do with Dollar General) told the customer the key to restroom had been lost and suggested he go down the the street to a gas station. But out of the blue she asked the man "are you black". The guy said what? She repeated the question and then stated " if you are they won't let you use it anyway ".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. No more Celina for me.