4.0
Layout of Store

I have been shopping this store for a few years. The frequency of my visits is directly related to my previous visit.

While there have been periods of stopping a couple times a week, there are gaps of going there once every couple of months. They have a great location very close to where I live. The customer service is inconsistent.

Lately, I have been stopping by once every couple of weeks. There are currently some nice, courteous employees and a couple of rude ones.

Each time I stop, I hope the mean ugly lady isn't there. I think she is the manager. She is always miserable and rude. The last time I had seen her, I walked in twelve minutes before closing.

I knew what I wanted and was going to be in and out. When I entered, she loudly and rudely made sure I knew it was closing time. This pissed me off! So, I decided to browse a little bit so I would get to the register right at closing.

As I approached the register, the mean obnoxious lady was having a very loud conversation with the cashier about the customers who choose to shop there near closing time (using inappropriate language). This while one customer who was just cashed out was heading towards the door to leave. She knew we would know it was us she was talking about and wanted to make sure we could hear her. I was then told to hurry and put my stuff on the counter to be scanned.

These ladies just don't get it. Put the customer first.

They could follow the lead of the best employee I have seen there to date. I don't know his name. He is a very polite, professional, and courteous man.

He is a younger black man and I have seen him on several occasions always rushing between putting up stock and cashiering. Always asks how you are and uses sir or ma'am. This guy has got it together.

Maybe Dollar General could the right thing and get rid of that rude lady and put this guy in charge. He obviously cares about his store and his customers.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Los_Rober is quite happy with customer service and staff and variety and low prices and stated that there is a room for improvement of rudeness and unprofessionalism. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dollar general checkout and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10. Dollar General Corporation needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general checkout in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments