I went into the DG (Somerville, AL) yesterday with the $5.00 coupon off $25.00 for Sat. Aug.

20th. I bought $40.00 and gave the cashier the coupon before she rang it up. We talked about how it was such a good deal. Well, to make a long story short, she forgot to use the coupon.

I had already put my stuff in the vehicle when I checked the receipt. I went back in and told her, she called the manager over...she said I would have to bring it all back in and let her ring it up again. Duh...and it was pouring rain. Or, I could come by later and buy $25.00 more and use the coupon.

It was their mistake and they want me to go to all that trouble for $5.00.

That's not right and I said no thanks, forget it. What a *** policy is that?

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Dollar General Corporation. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dollar General Corporation to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dollar General Corporation and dollar general corporation cashier for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1209544

Unfortunately, that's the only way we can give you your $5. Otherwise, our till would be five dollars short. However, I hope she apologized since it was her mistake.