500 S Adams St, Manito, IL 61546, USA
Resolved
3.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A long long time ago, preferably last year, i called the company to improve their Heavy Duty Battery sets. Currently they have the sets for 2 D cells for $1.00,2 C cells for $1.00, 1 9V for $1.00, 8 AA batteries for $1.00, and 8 AAA batteries for $1.00. I told them to change the package to 3 D cells for $1.00, 3 C Cells for $1.00, and 2 9V for $1.00, but they got it then never changed it to this date. I hate spending more on their batteries than i need to.

Second issue was one that happened a month ago in the beginning of June. I went to their store in my area and they had a monster truck toy in their toy isle. Only thing on it was a $0.50 tag.Took it to the cash register but they told me they have to hold it because it didn't have a actual price tag and they had to contact the manager. The manager would be in the next day. I sent an inquiry about the entire thing the next day or a day later and i never received a reply. I checked my spam and no email appeared from them and received no reply from my email main inbox except for a autoreply.

I hate being ignored by companies. It makes things extremely difficult and my problem still persists.

I ask for Dollar General to please contact me for a better solution to the problems i have been having. I hope my problems get resolved.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product selection, Items carried.

I didn't like: Spending more on the items i need.

Comments

Oh WOW!!! You really need to get a grip on reality and realize that the world wasn't put here to serve only you. DG is not gonna change an entire product line to serve your misguided desires.

to Anonymous #1517954

You're right.

You want them to change their product for your benefit? Who are you exactly?

to Anonymous #1516375

I dunno why i am gonna reply to you, but might as well lol.I buy Heavy duty batteries from the Dollar Stores due to the items i am needing them for i barely use.So instead of wasting $8 or more on alkalines and putting them in devices i rarely use, best to buy the cheap stuff and not have to worry about it. Plus i use the 9V for the smoke detectors in my home and they work good.Thing is Dollar Tree sells them in the packs i specified that Dollar general should do.

Though i prefer Dollar Generals more. I got like 6 or more toy claw machines that need 3 D cells and i want to try it out with Dollar Generals brand.Let's do the math: 6x3=18.Dollar Tree spending to get the amount of batteries= 6x3=18 ($6.00 spent)Dollar General spending= 2x9=18. ($9.00 spent (MORE THAN I NEEDED TO))So to sum it up yes it may be $3.00 more, but it's more than i needed to spend.

plus not to mention we got like 6 smoke detectors in our house. and that would mean i have to spend $6 to get all the detectors in the house whereas i spend $3 at dollar tree to cover them all.I just prefer Dollar Generals brand more and it's a bit inconvenient to spend more than i needed to on batteries.Especially if i buy a lot of them.

to truckieevan08_75 #1517944

So what.

to Anonymous #1517955

Good point.Forget my review.