I went in the store on 65th street LR, Ar at 7:00 pm and gathered up a basketfull of clothing with gray dots on tag which had several signs buy one get one free. The manager and checker watch me along with security officer and when I got to register the young black girl said, " the sale went off at 7:00pm."

I told her that was a lie.

The signs were all over the store and the sale add was good through today. I knew the register would not scan the sale items properly because I had that problem at a different store on Friday. The checker didn't know how to overide the register so she wasn't going to sell me the merchandise. The manager was outside sitting in a car and I told her she needed to go get her and she came in the store and got very defensive with me and told me not to call her checked a liar.

I informed he I didn't call her a liar I said she told a lie about the sale being over. Then they tried to tell me the Hooded sweat jackets were not on sale even though they had a gray dot. She then decided to check me out after she realized I was going for her lies.

I spends thousands of dollar at Dollar General and have never been treated so disrespectful and rude. This store needs disicplined!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 10, 2011.

Comments

. Written by Bruce on August 9, 2012 from greensboro, north carolina, US

It is partly true that the Sale does change over in the evening (around 7pm ) for the NEW sale -- to that may be why she said that - sounds like she was not explained correctly. However, the sale ending should ring past closing time ( I believe its update when EOD is run). A Cashier does not have the ability or authorization to perform such transactions (as price modifiies). It was only recently they updated the registers to allow for voiding of the last item.

There have been system problems in the past with the DOTTED merchandise and it stop scanning correctly -- they should have honored the signs unless they were restriction that applied.