2.9
Layout of Store

I'm very disappointed in Dollar General. While store #01851 in Bloomington, IN has been renovated to create roomier aisles, the aisles in the back of the store are congested with trolleys stacked with boxes, the shelves are disorganized, the floor has unsightly stains and the shelves are stacked too high to reach products on the top shelves.

I could not find one item although I looked all over for it. The clerk said she didn't know where it was since they rearranged the store. Also, I was sent a postcard in the mail with a coupon for $5 off of a $25 purchase. I scoured the coupon for an expiration date multiple times, and there was none.

At the store, the clerk took my coupon and I thought she scanned it. I did think my purchase total seemed high ($30), but didn't look at my receipt until I was home and saw the coupon had not been applied. I returned to the store later and the same clerk was there, as well as a second clerk. They told me the coupon had expired and showed me some small yellow coupons which I told them was not like the one I received in the mail.

I even showed them the postcard I'd cut the coupon from. Then the clerk who rang up my purchase told the other clerk she had been told to tear up the coupons. So they were not able to find it (the coupon had my name and address on one side). I'm certain there was no expiration date on the coupon, but I'm angry that the clerk didn't say anything about it when she rang up my purchase.

I would have asked her to point out the expiration date. The fact that she didn't say at the time that it was expired, and that she and the other clerk could not find the coupon later, is very suspicious.

It really makes me angry when a retailer lures me into their store with a coupon so that I'll make a minimum dollar purchase, and then not honor the coupon at checkout. I had originally planned on going to another store to buy pain medication, but decided to go to Dollar General instead because of the coupon.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with some of the prices and product selection and stated that there is a room for improvement of valid coupons not honored and cashiers are apathetic. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "coupon rejected" of dollar general corporation coupon and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5. Dollar General Corporation needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dollar general corporation coupon in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar General Corporation.

Comments