9.9K views

On 8/25/2014 I walked into the Dollar General store located in Logan, Ohio, to get some goods including "Lassie" dog food, Dawn dish detergent, and a package of DayQuil.At long last they had new card machines, as the old ones functioned only intermittently.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found they now offer cash back on those machines. Now imagine my disappointment that getting cash back would cost me a dollar for the ten dollars I requested?! (I did not press the "Cancel" button in time to abort the fee.) NO other store charges any such fee! Not Walmart, not Kroger, not CVS Pharmacy -- not even Tractor Supply Company.

I am very disappointed and will _not_ ask for cash back at Dollar General ever again.I have to wonder, with the new machines, if Dollar General is charging another fee just for using my debit card?

Reason of review: Cash back fee.

Had an Experience with Dollar General Corporation?

Comments

I saw that once - the last time I went to DG - and I mean that was the LAST time. They can stick their fee where the sun don't shine.

Kingsland, Georgia, United States #1343751

Well I just got cash back only $20 but the cashier gave me $40 who pays for that. Does DG or the cashier. The only reason why I ask is because she was nice and I don't want her paying for a small mistake.

Where did you see that you were going to be charged $1.00? The same thing happened to me, but it was later when I looked at my receipt and saw the charge

Chalk up one more reason to stay away from that place. smh

Fayetteville, Georgia, United States #1303948

Same thing happened to me and I am fed up with Dollar General ways.I don't

feel they care about thier customers and their employees hate working there

and express it every chance they get.

I just got some chicken broth from there

yesterday and found the protector was broke on it. When I tried to bring it back

I thought I was going to be asked for blood! There is something wrong with this

store.

Wow, I can't even believe the extent of their "terms and conditions".Unreal.

Just got nailed with the cash back fee.I find this another rip off.

There should be a screen that states. Do you agree to a $1.50 cash back fee. Yes or no. Before you can ask for cash amount.

Simple and clear.

My bank was in the same parking lot.Not real clear fees and charges make it a rip off.

I, too, was surprised and somewhat upset, when charged $1.50 for cash back at the Dollar General in Canyonville, OR.My purchase transaction happened so fast, I hit the accepted key before realizing I had just agreed to the cash back fee.

In the meantime I've tried to find if this an illegal transaction.I will keep trying.

Jamestown, Tennessee, United States #1269127

This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life and I think I speak for most DG employees when I say good riddance. Maybe you should learn to read because it tells you on the pin pad that you have to pay a fee.

to Anonymous Fayetteville, Georgia, United States #1303950

Man you people or rude!Do they get ya'll from prison release programs?!

You know

it wouldn't hurt for you guys to show a little appreciation of the customers considering

if we didn't come you wouldn't have a job.

I also agree I think it's wrong to charge

customers for cash back.Other stores don't.

#1192106

This happened to me as well, just today.A "cash back fee" of $1.50.

Hope they enjoy it.

They would have made a lot more just from my regular trips to the one on s.e.149th and Anderson Rd in Okc.