Broken Arrow Oklahoma - 60 year old male, left wallet in car, went in to buy cigarettes and some young kid named Tom asked for my license. I told him it was in the car, etc.

and he refused to ring up my purchase while telling me it was a law.

A law? Please recite this law or link a source for me, because I call BS on this kid. I laughed at him, but it was reflex and nothing personal. There is no law, and it may well be your corporations policy, but I will not shop there again.

And no, this wasn't my first time there.

I've been buying dog food among other things for about 4 yrs. And yes, this was the first time I've asked for cigarettes there...and last apparently.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dollar General Corporation Customer Care.

Comments

drjonah
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States #1204487

All corporations try to strong arm their employees into believing that company policy is the law. Instead of whining about it, just give the kid your ID, is it really that big of an insult?

Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States #1204335

Guess you must have missed the BIG sign on the door saying they card EVERYBODY. As well as the BIG sign that's usually right there at the register.

Houston, Texas, United States #1204321

So then we can blame you for getting g that kid fired because u didn't want to abide by store policy. Wow, u must be proud of yourself.