Living in the country, I have to drive 6 miles just to get to this lousy store.....after I get there and present my credit card, I am asked by the checker if she can punch the numbers in, since their machine is out of order, which its been for months now.

At any rate, it was declined, in spite of the fact there's over a thousand bucks in the account.

I just left without buying anything since there was a line of angry customers in back of me waiting.

I would never go back if I could, but I have no choice.

Worst Company on the Planet

Reason of review: Waste of gas to have my card declined....being out in the country, it'll cost me 20.00 for a drive back into the city for breakfast.....

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I am sorry for your experience, but Dollar General cashiers are unable to enter debit/credit cards manually. The only cards that can be entered manually are EBT cards.

Some credit cards can be swiped on the register, but not debit cards.

As for it being declined, that was probably due to the fact that the computer will not allow a credit/debit card to be entered manually for any reason. The cashier has no control over that.

to DG Employee #1313898

Then maybe that needs to change. There is no reason the number cannot be entered manually.

Bad policy on your part.

When I worked in retail I was able to do that, it's no problem to do it. I suggest you be more customer friendly.