Dollar General Corporation - Employee's attitude, dress code,

I frequently stops by Dollar General at 1218 West Blvd Store#13444, this particular afternoon I goes to the store, to purchase 3 items, I bought an I phone cover for my daughter and two frozen items, and when I got home the I phone cover was not there, so I called back to store, and the girl that waited on me told the manager, the lady that was behind me got the bag, because she said she thought it was a person that I was with, I was in the store all by myself, so when I got back to the store, the young lady that waited on me asked me was I coming to exchange something I told her no I was looking for the I phone cover and I asked her why she did not put it in the bag with the frozen items she said they are not allowed to bag it that way.Know the manager tells me she looked on the camera and she could see the girl bagged all three items in one bag, I told her she did not, and I quoted what the young lady told me that they were not trained to put that item with frozen foods, so know some body is lieing and I know I did not have the cover when I got back home.

The managers and the workers need to do better on dressing, the manager can't set an example because she is tacky also, she came in the door you can see the expression on her face that she did not want to be there, a line full of people, and she did not even speak, another time I was in the store, 1 cashier working, the other 2 standing and talking instead of trying to get customers out, but I guess what ever they were discussing were more important than the customers. When I say dress that means hair also. Back to me calling the store after I got home the young lady answered the phone she said you can call back and talk with the manager in an hour, so I immediately got in my car and went to the store and guess what she was there, and I knew she was their because she was the one that came in the door while I was in line to checkout, the cashier spoke to her and she barely threw her hand up to speak.

I would have never come back to the store if I had the item I had purchased.

1244b795 review #388234
6 0 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments2
Had an experience with Dollar General Corporation?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Miller

2 days ago Evansville, Indiana

I understand your frustration - but ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure you have all of your items before leaving the store. I work at a Dollar General Store and I try to let my customers know how many bags they have - but when it is extremely busy and hectic, I don't always get a chance. You should always double check to make sure you have all of your items before leaving.
Also, I understand your frustration about employees chatting and not helping to clear the line of customers. Before I worked in retail, things like that annoyed me all of the time. You can come into my store everyday, and you will see me working alone on a register, even with a line of customers. You may also see a co-worker or two behind me, talking or seemingly ignoring the line. The truth is, per corporate, only one cashier can be on the clock at a time. The store manager does have an active register, but is supposed to be on the register as little as possible, like when the cashier is on a break. If the line gets too long and the manager is able to, they will help out. But often there are outside vendors delivering merchandise to our store, and our manager HAS to oversee that process. And you may see more than two employees, because on certain days corporate requires that there be a manager on duty to oversee issues and vendors, a cashier, and another employee to stock shelves - only one cashier is able to have a drawer of money to work on. And if a drawer of money is assigned to
... Show more

0 0 Reply
anonymous

Feb 26, 2013 Sioux Falls, South Dakota

From some of your spelling and wording, plus extremely long sentences, you don't appear to be somebody so judgmental. Besides your alleged monetary loss of $5.00, what right do you have to criticize the way that the manager, and employees dress, do their hair, or act in general. That is just really petty to bring that up in your complaint, let alone that the manager doesn't look like she wants to be at the store. Myself, I don't give a "rip" if an employee greets me or not, I am there to shop, not be social. As far as the employees talking instead of helping to check people out goes, You don't know that they were just visiting and not discussing something pertaining to the store. I am also sure that if the lines had been long enough other check out lines would have opened.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.